Mack26

24/7 Needlefish

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Love my SS Needles, but saw these at RISSA and liked what I saw. Any feedback from you guys fishing them? I’ve heard a lot of good things and I think I’m going to pull the trigger on a few to try. 

24/7 was once Gag's.  He sold his wood lure business and the designs.  The business has transferred hands a few times now I think, but the basic designs all still look to be pretty much the same, at least with the needles.  They are top water, floating types for the most part (7" 1.75 oz, and 9" 2oz.), but i think there is one of the larger ones with some additional weight ~2.5 oz I think.

Thanks Yudi, I knew it has changed hands a couple of times. I believe the 7” is 2 oz, and that’s the one i’m looking at. I’m going to try the olive over white. 

B936AC7E-02A4-4682-8F89-491F22CC7089.jpeg

They aren't the first needle out of my bag but if I find a SS is running just a little too deep it's a great plug to switch too if you need to get higher in the water column while maintaining a slower retrieve 

3 hours ago, Drew C. said:

I have and use them - nice needles. The ones I have are very slow sink, almost floaters. 

That’s what i was looking for Drew. There’s a couple of boulder fields i can see them doing well in. Thanks for the feedback.

Although I have many SS needles, I really don't fish them that often because working them slowly hasn't worked for me.

I have much better results with other brands of needles (including the 247s) when it is time for crawling them or just trying to keep them in a certain spot for a longer period of time.

In shallower boulder fields without huge sweeps (UNLIKE Nobska!), slow-sinking needles (I prefer those that sink "just a bit tail down") have been much more productive for me.  In addition to 247, I also like Afterhours, many Choopy needles (BEST web site that I've seen when it comes to getting real info!), Lex (the ones that I have tend to shed paint pretty quickly, which I've addressed by lightly sanding them, then sealing them with a 50/50 mix of pure mineral spirits and exterior spar varnish) but they catch, Salty's. etc.

(Don't want to derail this thread any more than I just have, so feel free to PM me for more info.)

Just my $0.02.

Good info, thanks Phil. I have been fishing SS almost exclusively, except for Salty’s which i really like too. I’m gonna pull the trigger on the 24/7’s with a SWE gift certificate and see how i like them. They really look good and i’m looking forward to trying them.

17 hours ago, Mack26 said:

Good info, thanks Phil. I have been fishing SS almost exclusively, except for Salty’s which i really like too. I’m gonna pull the trigger on the 24/7’s with a SWE gift certificate and see how i like them. They really look good and i’m looking forward to trying them.

I'll be happy to lend some of my needles to you.  You lose them, no problem at all.  You catch on them, then you'll know.

On 4/15/2019 at 8:40 PM, Mack26 said:

Any feedback from you guys fishing them? I’ve heard a lot of good things and I think I’m going to pull the trigger on a few to try. 

I use 247 needles with good success on a couple of beaches. One is a sand eel beach that gets fairly shallow during the 2nd half of the outgoing and the early incoming. Another beach I used them on has an outflow that gets fairly shallow about 2 1/2 hours into the outgoing.

The 247s are slow sinking, and they cast better than a Bomber, so I can cover a good amount of water with them, while not dragging bottom, picking up weeds.

9 mins ago, zak-striper said:

I use 247 needles with good success on a couple of beaches. One is a sand eel beach that gets fairly shallow during the 2nd half of the outgoing and the early incoming. Another beach I used them on has an outflow that gets fairly shallow about 2 1/2 hours into the outgoing.

The 247s are slow sinking, and they cast better than a Bomber, so I can cover a good amount of water with them, while not dragging bottom, picking up weeds.

Excellent point.

Mack26 - you fishing RI/MA surf?  If so consider the bright island green pattern.

1 min ago, DZ said:

Mack26 - you fishing RI/MA surf?  If so consider the bright island green pattern.

Dennis,

How does that color differ from either parrot or BI Green?

Would love to see pics.

Many thanks, as always, for helping all of us.

3 mins ago, Southcoastphil said:

Dennis,

How does that color differ from either parrot or BI Green?

Would love to see pics.

Many thanks, as always, for helping all of us.

Very similar - they just call it "Island green" on the 24/7 website.

4 mins ago, DZ said:

Very similar - they just call it "Island green" on the 24/7 website.

Merci, DZ.  

I just looked at their site.  Seems like a bright green over white-ish belly.