Accebere

Need help pairing rod to accurate fury 400 single speed

11 posts in this topic

I just picked up a used fury 400 single speed and looking to pair it up to a rod. Most of the fishing will be done of my kayak in 60’ of water or less targeting everything that bites in the LIS. I have $125 bass pro gift card which limits  which rod I will buy. Right now I’m deciding between the inshore Mojo 7’ MH or the trevala s ML. I like the Mojo because the handle is 22” which gives it a good feel. I’m think the trevala s is overkill but it sure is a sweet rod. Thanks in advance. 

16 mins ago, Accebere said:

I just picked up a used fury 400 single speed and looking to pair it up to a rod. Most of the fishing will be done of my kayak in 60’ of water or less targeting everything that bites in the LIS. I have $125 bass pro gift card which limits  which rod I will buy. Right now I’m deciding between the inshore Mojo 7’ MH or the trevala s ML. I like the Mojo because the handle is 22” which gives it a good feel. I’m think the trevala s is overkill but it sure is a sweet rod. Thanks in advance. 

You'll be happier pairing it to the Trevala S. The ML is one of the most versatile blanks...the M is nice too esp if you're leaning heavier towards bass/blues. You might find the handle too long for the yak; I've chopped off a few inches on every one I own. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Try the new Lamiglas Black. B7025C is the model you want.  It's new for this year at a budget price of 119 bucks at T.D.

The Black series is an exciting, affordable new inshore saltwater series from Lamiglas. This series will have a wide selection of models to cover every type of inshore application. The rods feature all Fuji components and a custom tapered cork handle. The high density 24 ton carbon graphite blank is reinforced with carbon fiber in the butt section for added back bone and durability.
This series has 5 spinning models ranging from a light 6’11” rod for small jigs and plastics to a heavy 7’6” model for casting large plugs or bait to Striped Bass, Bull Reds, Tarpon or Sharks. There are also 5 casting models from 7' to 7'6" primed for powerful inshore fishing with offshore capabilities. With a Limited Lifetime Warranty to protect you from defects, you will not find a better option for inshore saltwater fishing. Period.

Edited by The Riddler

2 hours ago, Accebere said:

There is a huge difference between a Trevala medium action jigging rod and a mojo 7' MH. The Mojo is a typical bass and blues fast action rod. I suggested Lami Black which is the same type of Fast/ Extra Fast as the mojo. Both are different from the Trevala.

Edited by The Riddler

13 hours ago, buddha162 said:

You'll be happier pairing it to the Trevala S. The ML is one of the most versatile blanks...the M is nice too esp if you're leaning heavier towards bass/blues. You might find the handle too long for the yak; I've chopped off a few inches on every one I own. 

That’s good info right there and you’re right the medium might be a better choice. 

11 hours ago, The Riddler said:

There is a huge difference between a Trevala medium action jigging rod and a mojo 7' MH. The Mojo is a typical bass and blues fast action rod. I suggested Lami Black which is the same type of Fast/ Extra Fast as the mojo. Both are different from the Trevala.

The Lami Black sure looks like a sweet rod, but with the BP gift card I’m looking to buy something that they offer. The Mojo and Trevala are 2 completely different rods and that why I was hoping someone could help me out. I’m completely new to this type of fishing and any advice is much appreciated. 

The Lami Black sure looks like a sweet rod, but with the BP gift card I’m looking to buy something that they offer. The Mojo and Trevala are 2 completely different rods and that why I was hoping someone could help me out. I’m completely new to this type of fishing and any advice is much appreciated. 

It sounds like you want to troll, jig, and live bait.  You might as well stick with the fast action mojo and maybe the Shimano Teremar.  Then add another set up if the same set up doesn’t work for jigging. 

That’s good info right there and you’re right the medium might be a better choice. 

11 mins ago, The Riddler said:

You might as well stick with the fast action mojo and maybe the Shimano Teremar. 

Actually, the Teramar NE might be your most versatile all-around rod, not sure if BP stocks it. 

The Trevala S is a short jigging rod with a long handle, mod-fast taper, the same TC4/C4S blank as the Teramar. The Mojo is a slightly beefed-up freshwater MH rod, fast taper, will cast its weight range (which is only up to 1.25oz) further than the Trevala S, but the Trevala will handle a wider lure weight range than the Mojo. 

If you're going to spend a lot of time casting to structure (like Riddler does), I would recommend the Mojo, or better yet the 7' Teramar NE. For almost everything else...esp vertical presentations, the Trevala S M. If you're going to be doing a lot of bottom fishing for fluke/seabass and shallow togging...definitely the Trevala S ML.   

Buddha- thanks for all the great advice and I’m going with the trevala s m because most likely I’ll be doing vertical  style fishing for fluke/seabass. Thanks again for both of your help. Cheers 

10 hours ago, buddha162 said:

If you're going to spend a lot of time casting to structure (like Riddler does),

lol...I do more than just fishing in the structure. You can't be a one trick pony in bass fishing or any fishing for that matter but what do I know. I have more than one rod because there isn't a one rod that does all for what I do.

Edited by The Riddler

7 mins ago, The Riddler said:

You can't be a one trick pony in bass fishing or any fishing for that matter but what do I know.

You don't have to tell me, but it sounds like OP wanted a one trick pony rod.