Ben Lippen

Notre Dame is on fire (Paris)

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Ben Lippen said:

Pretty hard for me to compare in my mind anything in Dresden that was destroyed with Notre Dame burning today.  I guess I'm the only one who gets that it was such an amazing piece of art.

Ben, you are not alone. I read a few books on construction of old catheralds. Stone masons were the designers, engineers. workers and just amsingly ahead of their time. All without cranes, am flying butresses. WOW

Very sad. Only one on this planet and it will never be the same. When they rebuild every visitor will be asking the same question. What's old and what's new. 

They will demo what has to be demoed, do safety inspections, draw up new plans, bring in a few tower cranes and then off to the races. But where do you get that old,old school labor skills.

The French President has pledged to rebuild it, as he should as the nation actually owns it I believe. The wicked rich national corporations like Chanel and such have pledge a billion bucks so far. That's good. But Macron ( The Pres.) is out of his mind with his five year timeline. Let the experts do the work frenchie. You can still take the credit.