sunobskt

Florida related questions

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

5 mins ago, Al Sears said:

Speculation is from a Boat from N came down and started the introduction of  them, a mech from Rental Boat unit said he found them often as they kept all rental Boats in water  I  kept my Boat in Back Field under shelter

Up north we HAD some beautiful waters but tournament recreation boaters including kayak , paddle boards do not take the time to wash down or empty bilge, live wells which are carried them from water to water. sorry to hear that 

Had roll of quarters in Truck and first stop after loaded up headed home was Car wash inside and out, The salinity in Big Bend area is not what one would expect when you come in after a day out on water the Boat does not have salt crystals or such flush engine at Home

As it happened to me I got a Marine internal Infection ,had a Row of blister on shoulder, when you lanced on it ozzed clear sticky fluid all night,  DR said I got mine from washing hands in Gulf water with nicks/cuts ,took 3 months to clear up

Her theory was that when Low Tide and there is a Heavy Rain for a day or so all the Bacteria/Fertilizer and such is washed into gulf waters, thus in shallow water close to bank be aware , I started carrying a qt bottle of Pool Chlorine and wet a rag and wiped hands   Just a Heads up ,I supposed  this could happen any where    Al  

13 hours ago, Al Sears said:

Had roll of quarters in Truck and first stop after loaded up headed home was Car wash inside and out, The salinity in Big Bend area is not what one would expect when you come in after a day out on water the Boat does not have salt crystals or such flush engine at Home

As it happened to me I got a Marine internal Infection ,had a Row of blister on shoulder, when you lanced on it ozzed clear sticky fluid all night,  DR said I got mine from washing hands in Gulf water with nicks/cuts ,took 3 months to clear up

Her theory was that when Low Tide and there is a Heavy Rain for a day or so all the Bacteria/Fertilizer and such is washed into gulf waters, thus in shallow water close to bank be aware , I started carrying a qt bottle of Pool Chlorine and wet a rag and wiped hands   Just a Heads up ,I supposed  this could happen any where    Al  

What time / month of the year was that Al ? 

Early June Hook, I was fishing  annual  Cobia Tourney and was using Pin Fish live and chunks

, did not catch any thing ,moved close to rock ledge with moving Water For Reds, did not catch one of them either,just got infection

Entry Fee $125,oo per Boat First Place Cobia $6000.oo

12 hours ago, Al Sears said:

Early June Hook, I was fishing  annual  Cobia Tourney and was using Pin Fish live and chunks

, did not catch any thing ,moved close to rock ledge with moving Water For Reds, did not catch one of them either,just got infection

Entry Fee $125,oo per Boat First Place Cobia $6000.oo

Yep that water can get really hot 

I have to be more careful myself . Love them Cobia 

I didn't scan this whole topic but the gators are still there.  Just because you couldn't see them doesn't mean they aren't there watching you.  Plus, in the season of mating they really don't want you to see them nor get close.  Especially near a nest.  Respect the gators lest you be their next meal!