Candace Owens on Nationalism.....

Rate this topic

fishnmagician

Trump posted her defense on his Twitter account

do Republicans really think the problem with Hitler was globalization?

At that event, as heard in Lieu’s video, Owens said she didn’t “have any problems at all with the word ‘nationalism.’”

“Whenever we say nationalism, the first thing people think about, at least in America, is Hitler,” she said in December. “The problem is that he wanted — he had dreams outside of Germany. He wanted to globalize. He wanted everybody to be German, everybody to be speaking German. Everybody to look a different way.”

“That’s not, to me, that’s not nationalism,” she went on. “In thinking about how we could go bad down the line, I don’t really have an issue with nationalism. I really don’t. I think that it’s OK.”

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

4 mins ago, Cabo2005 said:

Give Frank a break.  It is Monday.  Well actually, don't give him a break this was huge last week and she made Lieu and Nadler look like petulant children.

Cabo

So she didn't apologize for claiming that Globalism and NOT genocide was the problem with Hitler?

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

2 mins ago, EBHarvey said:

She's obviously a Nazi.  Someone should punch her.

believe it or not people get death threats over using language like this.

while I think that is over the top,

I am shocked she has not apologized and that the President seems to defend her by tweeting her defense.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

She said nothing to apologize for, Germany was the scapegoat for the first World War. They were kicked in the b*lls by the treaty of Versailles and Hitler wanted to bring dignity and pride back to the German people. Nothing wrong with that. Now what he did in regards to blaming the Jews and others for Germany's problems was wrong. His cleansing Germany of those he opposed or despised was the work of a mad man but we all know that and no one is trying to minimize what he did to the Jews, Gypsies and people with disabilities or anyone he deemed unworthy. We'll never know what could have been if Hitler had only tried to improve the quality of life for all the German people and not gone on his killing spree of innocents and his attempt to rule the world, bringing about WW 2. 

(*member formerly known as 'PCSilverstriper')

Just now, fish'nmagician said:

so the problem with Hitler was globalization and NOT the genocide,

you are standing by her on that?

Have you read or listened to her whole statement, not just the part that Congressman Lieu played ? If you did you would understand the question she was responding to.

1 min ago, Sandflee said:

you looks as foolish as the guy who played his phone into the speaker before she tore him a new ass

why?

because unlike Republicans we think the problem with Hitler was that he killed millions of people and tried to eradicate the Jews in Germany?

you can stand by that.....

it's fine.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

Just now, fish'nmagician said:

why?

because unlike Republicans we think the problem with Hitler was that he killed millions of people and tried to eradicate the Jews in Germany?

you can stand by that.....

it's fine.

Who has said this ? No one !

2 mins ago, PCstriper said:

Have you read or listened to her whole statement, not just the part that Congressman Lieu played ? If you did you would understand the question she was responding to.

does context matter?

we can't just take ignore a larger message and focus on a couple sentences and attack the word choice?

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

52 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

“Whenever we say nationalism, the first thing people think about, at least in America, is Hitler,” she said in December. “The problem is that he wanted — he had dreams outside of Germany. He wanted to globalize.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

• TimS locked this topic