Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Angler #1

Buzzards Bay Motel Closed

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

29 mins ago, K Foley said:

Will you be bringing Lucy along for the trip? Missed you by 15 minutes at MB Plymouth Ronnie said you were in Sunday AM

Lucy and I are inseparable....she'll be there.

I picked up two choice Black Angus strips.  They were well marbled and could have easily passed as prime.  Ronnie is a nice guy.

34 mins ago, capequahog said:

a legendary denizen of the ditch was seen walking Main St in BB recently and believe he is now living in the area after some years of living mainly under the stars :th:

It is a life he has chosen unfortunately. He barters with fish he catches to keep himself in cigarettes. The old rods and reels keep on working all taped up guides and all .He is a master of the canal rats , bar non . Life has been cruel to him and he finds his solitude all alone among the stars of the night.Back in another time we often would fish together ,for squid and bass, before he chose the single life among the stars. The man has a heart of gold   if this is who you are speaking about

42 mins ago, capequahog said:

a legendary denizen of the ditch was seen walking Main St in BB recently and believe he is now living in the area after some years of living mainly under the stars :th:

Can't be Boxcar, 'cause I believe he passed.

Can't be Rita, 'cause she passed.

Could it be Jake the Snake?  

3 mins ago, Joe G said:

Can't be Boxcar, 'cause I believe he passed.

Can't be Rita, 'cause she passed.

Could it be Jake the Snake?  

Jake the Snake. I haven't heard his name in years. I used to give him my wild turkey legs. He was a harmless soul.

12 mins ago, bob_G said:

Jake the Snake. I haven't heard his name in years. I used to give him my wild turkey legs. He was a harmless soul.

Indeed.  One of the notables in town. 

Jake always kept a twig, or a toothpick, or a swizzle stick in his mouth.  Walked up and down Main Street twirling the thing in his mouth.  Hope he is still among the living. 

1 hour ago, Joe G said:

Lucy and I are inseparable....she'll be there.

I picked up two choice Black Angus strips.  They were well marbled and could have easily passed as prime.  Ronnie is a nice guy.

I got my what I always get Black Angus Tenderloin Steak 2 @ 8oz. Not "Prime" cooked on a Hibatchi using charcoal after a coating of olive oil cracked black pepper and garlic powder (not garlic salt). They are to die for NO steak sauce or anything else needed. Probably could get rid of the seasoning but it is soooooooo good just the way we do it. Boozards Bay awaits your arrival. Maybe a spelling Bee with you versus Burkie could be arranged with B-Ware moderating?

12 hours ago, K Foley said:

I got my what I always get Black Angus Tenderloin Steak 2 @ 8oz. Not "Prime" cooked on a Hibatchi using charcoal after a coating of olive oil cracked black pepper and garlic powder (not garlic salt). They are to die for NO steak sauce or anything else needed. Probably could get rid of the seasoning but it is soooooooo good just the way we do it. Boozards Bay awaits your arrival. Maybe a spelling Bee with you versus Burkie could be arranged with B-Ware moderating?

You wants me to b the spel cheker???????????????

15 hours ago, K Foley said:

I got my what I always get Black Angus Tenderloin Steak 2 @ 8oz. Not "Prime" cooked on a Hibatchi using charcoal after a coating of olive oil cracked black pepper and garlic powder (not garlic salt). They are to die for NO steak sauce or anything else needed....

On either strips or rib eye, I take them out of the fridge, brush lightly with olive oil, season with Montreal Steak seasoning, and let them set to room temperature for an hour or so. 

Then, depending on thickness, I'll broil them for 3-4 minutes on each side, shut off the broiler and cranked the oven up to 400 degrees.  I'll let them bake for maybe 3 1/2 minutes.  I'll test for medium rare using the touch test. 

Then remove from oven and let them sit for 5-6 minutes while I saute some spinach, raw garlic and ginger and pour myself a decent Merlot. 

:drool:  

Edited by Joe G

1 hour ago, Joe G said:

On either strips or rib eye, I take them out of the fridge, brush lightly with olive oil, season with Montreal Steak seasoning, and let them set to room temperature for an hour or so. 

Then, depending on thickness, I'll broil them for 3-4 minutes on each side, shut off the broiler and cranked the oven up to 400 degrees.  I'll let them bake for maybe 3 1/2 minutes.  I'll test for medium rare using the touch test. 

Then remove from oven and let them sit for 5-6 minutes while I saute some spinach, raw garlic and ginger and pour myself a decent Merlot. 

:drool:  

I let my MD 20/20 breathe while I prepare my tenderloins.:)