Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Angler #1

Buzzards Bay Motel Closed

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

This mornings CCT reports that Jaspers Too closed for health violations The health department found a pattern of health violations in three inspections and would have to be in compliance before reopening.  The motel has been historically in non compliance with there motel license. If any one made any plans to stay there for some spring fishing trips, you may need to re-book some place else. This makes the second motel closed for health violations by absentees  owners in the town of late. Not good for the image of the town in my opinion .

The report determined that the cumulative effects of the violations endanger or impair the well being of anyone occupying the motel .    

32 mins ago, Joe G said:

It's high time the health department is cracking down on some of these places.  

I wonder if the new hotel off main st. in Buzzards Bay is putting pressure on the Bourne BOH...……………………...

18 mins ago, b-ware said:

I wonder if the new hotel off main st. in Buzzards Bay is putting pressure on the Bourne BOH...………………………

I wouldn't be surprised Bernie. 

18 mins ago, b-ware said:

I wonder if the new hotel off main st. in Buzzards Bay is putting pressure on the Bourne BOH...……………………...

I was wondering the same.

Also, werent these places used primarily to house sec8 people and folks who would otherwise be homeless?

54 mins ago, LB said:

What was the health violations?

This is not their first rodeo.

Late in 2017,  they were closed for a period of time for unsanitary conditions, to include but not limited to;  pest infestation, urine and fecal matter staining bed linens, faulty fire alarm system, residents living in squalor or were hoarding items, and violating length of stay rules.

I suspect the latest violations could be more of the same.

Then there was that shooting incident years ago inside Jaspers Two when a LEO handgun went off accidently.    :rolleyes:

That said....many, many years ago I stayed in that place for one night.  Surprisingly, it was fairly decent.

6 mins ago, Joe G said:

This is not their first rodeo.

Late in 2017,  they were closed for a period of time for unsanitary conditions, to include but not limited to;  pest infestation, urine and fecal matter staining bed linens, faulty fire alarm system, residents living in squalor or were hoarding items, and violating length of stay rules.

I suspect the latest violations could be more of the same.

Then there was that shooting incident years ago inside Jaspers Two when a LEO handgun went off accidently.    :rolleyes:

That said....many, many years ago I stayed in that place for one night.  Surprisingly, it was fairly decent.

In the late 90's I stayed at both places, decent rates and clean, comfortable accomodations.  Hard times due to recession drove them down and the days of the basic place to sleep motels is gone.  I will hold back my thoughts on the new hotel for the time being to see how that plays out.  Looking at downtown Buzzzards Bay right now I must say I am impressed, more  and more store fronts are occupied, another new restaurant is in the works and the new playground is being revamped into a safer venue.

19 mins ago, b-ware said:

...  I will hold back my thoughts on the new hotel for the time being to see how that plays out.  ..

I plan to book a room shortly after they open in June.   Hopefully spend a few nights and see you folks at BSP.  I'm sure the quality of rooms and service is on par with their locations elsewhere.

Now......if all those overhead wires and cable hung on telephone poles flanking Main St, could be put underground, Boozads Bhay  could look real pretty.

14 mins ago, Joe G said:

I plan to book a room shortly after they open in June.   Hopefully spend a few nights and see you folks at BSP.  I'm sure the quality of rooms and service is on par with their locations elsewhere.

Now......if all those overhead wires and cable hung on telephone poles flanking Main St, could be put underground, Boozads Bhay  could look real pretty.

Great news. You and I can get together, discuss family business, and share a drink of Tanqueray. :beers:

11 mins ago, BrianBM said:

What the town really needs is a beauty contest and summer festival. Crown a Miss Buzzard. Why not? Gilroy has a Garlic Queen, I think. 

They have a fairly decent 4th of July parade down main street that seems to draw a family oriented crowd.

Years back, to the excitement of many bystanders, one of our own dressed up in his King Neptune outfit, decked out with fish netting and sea shells, and marched the length of the parade route from Academy Drive to Perry Ave.   ;)

5 hours ago, Joe G said:

I have to admire the foresight of Mr. mayor, Tommy g putting the septic leach field under the new park is a stroke of genius...……………  Solves the waste disposal problem and add nutrients to keep the grass nice and green and very healthy...………….

5 hours ago, Joe G said: