Sudsy

Looks like Governor Murphy might be trying to kill the new public access bill

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

1 min ago, MikeMc said:

e-mail sent. Who the hell votes for a guy who says he's going to raise taxes? :squid: 

Obviously the majority of registered voters who weighed in the election.  Hence why this state is becoming one of the worst in the country.

2 hours ago, Goldy said:

Google earth his property and you tell me if he is a governor for the people. 

45 blossom cove road, middletown 

his taxes are 200k+.  

For the people my a$$

Anytime some politician sez he is "for the people," that's when red flags should be raised.

1 hour ago, cartopper said:

Obviously the majority of registered voters who weighed in the election.  Hence why this state is becoming one of the worst in the country.

Unfortunately true, on both counts. 

3 hours ago, cartopper said:

A lot of you guys are jumping to conclusions without fact.  If the bill sits on his desk and he doesn’t sign it, it becomes law after a certain amount of days.  Suds may know the number of days.

Cartopper is right. I mixed up NY law with NJ law

(In NY an unsigned law is a pocket veto, In NJ it becomes law)

NJ -The governor must sign or veto legislation within 45 days of transmittal, or it becomes law without his/her signature. If the bill’s chamber of origin is in recess, the 45-day deadline may be extended to the date that the chamber reconvenes. After session adjournment, the governor must act within 7 days after the end of the session, or the legislation becomes law.

11 hours ago, cartopper said:

Only 38% of registered voters hit the polls and 64% of them voted for this clown. Majority of the votes were the northern half of the state.  

12 hours ago, MikeMc said:

Who the hell votes for a guy who says he's going to raise taxes? :squid: 

Government assistance recipients that don't pay taxes. 

16 hours ago, MikeMc said:

e-mail sent. Who the hell votes for a guy who says he's going to raise taxes? :squid: 

There are a lot of people on assistance and a lot who don’t have to pay property tax. We’re outnumbered. 

17 hours ago, FunkyBunker said:

Only 38% of registered voters hit the polls and 64% of them voted for this clown. Majority of the votes were the northern half of the state.  

So we can thank all the non voters who stayed home and let the others do it.......thanks a bunch all you douches.

5 hours ago, Baccigalup said:

So we can thank all the non voters who stayed home and let the others do it.......thanks a bunch all you douches.

Actually you don’t know how the other 62% would have voted.  Probably wouldn’t have changed the outcome based on this states demographics.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Voter Registration by party . . .

Dems                     Reps                   Unaffiliated

1,141,000              872,000                2,513,000

April 2019

Dems                    Reps                     Unaffiliated

2,240,000             1,293,000              2,387,000

Dems up by 96%, Reps up by 48% and Unaffiliated was lower . . .

Edited by cartopper

38 mins ago, Baccigalup said:

Lol ...unaffiliated....that like the new gender x?   Cant make up their minds what they want.

Just the opposite. They don't subscribe to the "party line" of either party, although they agree/disagree with specific policies. They tend to vote for the best candidate and the issues. I happen to be one of them. Grew up a Democrat, watched what happened to that party, and chose not to affiliate (register) with either party. I vote the person and the issues. I know what I want (believe) and look for the candidate that best meets those expectations. Murphy is not one I would vote for.