Sudsy

Looks like Governor Murphy might be trying to kill the new public access bill

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Looks like Governor Murphy might be trying to kill the new public access bill

The vote, which was unanimous in the NJ Senate and in the NJ Assembly had an almost 90% yes vote, has been sitting unsigned on Murphy's desk for weeks. 

Not signing it becomes a Veto and sends the bill back to the Houses where it will likely die.

In other words it's very likely that this Governor who claims to be "for the people" might actually only be for the people in the rich towns along the water that pump money into his campaign chest - remember this when the next election comes around !!

In the meantime everyone needs to spread the word and do the following (Snipped from the JCAA page):

SEND AN EMAIL - To send an email use this link https://nj.gov/governor/contact/all/

Consider using the following wordage for the email:

I am asking that you sign Senate Bill S1074 into law. NJ has a long history of protecting the rights of the public to access the ocean, bays, and tidal rivers through the public trust doctrine. In direct violation of the public trust doctrine, we have seen towns in NJ arbitrarily adopt local ordinances that are intended to block public access. NJ needs a single set of regulations that can be uniformly applied to protect our rights. S1074 will allow the DEP to create regulations to do that that.

CALL THE GOVERNOR'S OFFICE AT (609) 292-6000 - When they answer, simply tell them you are asking the Governor to sign S1074, the public access bill. You do not have to leave your name.

Huh.  Gosh.  I am shocked that our current Governor wold do this.  Just shocked.

Thanks for the update, email en route.   

Sent an email . . . though I understand he may be asking legislatures to strengthen the bill for public access.   Hope that is the case.

Done

DoNotReply@nj.gov

5:50 PM (6 minutes ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

As Governor, I welcome input from those throughout the Garden State and beyond who are eager to share with me their thoughts, concerns, questions, and ideas. My staff and I will endeavor to be as responsive as possible to the many people using this electronic means of communication, as well as to those who, through letters and phone calls, contact my office.

Again, I appreciate your taking the time to write to me.

My very best,

Philip D. Murphy

Sounds sincere.

lets think positive here, just think of all the access points he will give to all the illegals he loves so much, maybe us hard working , tax paying , americans  can sneak down those trails late at nite

Posted (edited) · Report post

I had to reach back into my vocabulary to find a suiting name for him....douch*bag. 

His gun law antics are even worse. Like the criminals really pay attention to them, just like the morons who follow the fishing regs.

Edited by fdhog

Google earth his property and you tell me if he is a governor for the people. 

45 blossom cove road, middletown 

his taxes are 200k+.  

For the people my a$$

A lot of you guys are jumping to conclusions without fact.  If the bill sits on his desk and he doesn’t sign it, it becomes law after a certain amount of days.  Suds may know the number of days.