chessie_yaker

Kicks like a mule...

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

 

A Spruce Goose of firearms; other than bragging rights what's the purpose?  Hate to be a downer but let the anti-gun crowd get a hold of footage like this and it will just feed the narrative we're all a bunch of dangerous wackos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

3 hours ago, oax said:

 

A Spruce Goose of firearms; other than bragging rights what's the purpose?  Hate to be a downer but let the anti-gun crowd get a hold of footage like this and it will just feed the narrative we're all a bunch of dangerous wackos. 

I kinda see where you're coming from. I've never been a glutton for recoil. A stout 12 gauge load is about my upper threshold. 

 

But just look at the smiles on their faces. If I were offered the opportunity, I'd take a turn, once. To each their own. The anti crowd think we are all dangerous whackos anyway, doesn't matter what concessions we make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 mins ago, wok167 said:

 

 

I kinda see where you're coming from. I've never been a glutton for recoil. A stout 12 gauge load is about my upper threshold. 

 

But just look at the smiles on their faces. If I were offered the opportunity, I'd take a turn, once. To each their own. The anti crowd think we are all dangerous whackos anyway, doesn't matter what concessions we make.

True that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

53 mins ago, wok167 said:

 

 

I kinda see where you're coming from. I've never been a glutton for recoil. A stout 12 gauge load is about my upper threshold. 

 

But just look at the smiles on their faces. If I were offered the opportunity, I'd take a turn, once. To each their own. The anti crowd think we are all dangerous whackos anyway, doesn't matter what concessions we make.

 

I hear you on having a good time and I'm all for anything that floats your boat.  That said, maybe we all don't need to film everything we do and post it on the internet for the world to see.  There's an endless supply of people out there hostile to our way of thinking who will use anything they can against us to challange 2A rights.   Sorry to say but these guys playing with their toy in my opinion are not doing us any favors; just a thought FWIW.

Edited by oax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oax said:

 

I hear you on having a good time and I'm all for anything that floats your boat.  That said, maybe we all don't need to film everything we do and post it on the internet for the world to see.  There's an endless supply of people out there hostile to our way of thinking who will use anything they can against us to challange 2A rights.   Sorry to say but these guys playing with their toy in my opinion are not doing us any favors; just a thought FWIW.

Yep......like the silly looka me internet warriors that do the bump stock thing. I get it Merica and all that, however, social media does have an effect on what we are all entitled to per the 2'nd. I've come to despise social media because it makes it so much harder for reasonable people to come together in a common cause to simply defend are rights.

 

Those yo ho's r they dangerous.....no. Makes for bad publicity to the scary "black rifle" crowd. Sure they have a right to do whatever, but it doesn't help in these times.  Just sayin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will agree that there are yahoos on social media that give gun owners a bad name. We need to watch for this and use education and peer pressure to police our own. However, after rewatching the video and listening intently I couldn't find a single instance where any of these guys did or said anything that could reasonably construed as dangerous, negative, violent or offensive. It was just some folks enjoying time on the range safely. If this video gives a bad impression to the antis, so would a youth marksmanship program, skeet shooting in tweed jackets, or any video involving the use of sporting firearms. If it has reached the point that we have to hide these activities we have already lost.  Yes, they are enjoying a "toy", but so are folks shooting an  an ar 15, Anschutz target rifle, fine sporting shotgun, a 22 single shot, flintrock rifle, or recurve bow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, riverrunner said:

Yep......like the silly looka me internet warriors that do the bump stock thing. I get it Merica and all that, however, social media does have an effect on what we are all entitled to per the 2'nd. I've come to despise social media because it makes it so much harder for reasonable people to come together in a common cause to simply defend are rights.

 

Those yo ho's r they dangerous.....no. Makes for bad publicity to the scary "black rifle" crowd. Sure they have a right to do whatever, but it doesn't help in these times.  Just sayin

Good point on the social media aspect, but I think this wasn’t an example of what ends up circling social media and firing the hoodle heads up. I think that comes from the guys arming themselves and standing in protest of bills up for vote with their scary black rifles. In addition to that, I’d say you are right with the rapid fire bump stock boys. Ok, we get it. You can pew fast and it’s cool and all, but you’re ruling up the dummies that are afraid of guns. All that leads to is more idiots having a poster child to point to and say “that’s an assault weapon and who needs that.” That term makes me cringe, like there’s any inanimate object that has the ability to commit any act without a persons input, but that’s what they say nowadays. All weapons are designed to be, well, weapons. It’s what those smart guys back in the day had in mind when they wrote the 2nd, which should have been the first. Because without it, nothing else can stand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

I would never own one, even if i had the money...But i would be first in line to shoot one..LOL.. and as far as be watchful of what's out there on social media... does it really matter? People are going to find things to hate on no matter what we do or say... But the moment we start feeding on ourselves on why some firearms or add on's .... then we are just giving them ammo to use against us.... I might not agree with what alot of folks are enjoying doing (legal) but i will stand with them.. when it comes to our rights to own firearms....or even crazy add on's .....once you divide us, its pretty much easy to win... now back to the subject "HOLY &%&$" :eek:

Edited by Drako

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.