Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JTF

Truck Lease vs Buy: Toyota

Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

Never leased, dealer says it saves me $'s unless I opt to buy at 3yrs, and that adds $6K more to purchase.  Mileage no problem, down payment 1/10 less, monthly lease payments almost the same as purchase, a bit less, comp & liability ins is the same as purchase.

If I can make it three more years or not doesn't matter, the dealer will send a tow truck to the farm to load it up, no charge. Want to add a bed top and front hitch receiver, guess those have to come off when the lease runs out?

Making the lease payment or buy payment, no problem from SS$. So what are the good and bad of leases vs out-right purchase of a Toyota truck?

I haven't looked into or considered a lease for a very long time, but a financial adviser once told me that no matter how the numbers are spun and twisted, financially you're always better off buying vs lease. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

43 mins ago, JTF said:

Never leased, dealer says it saves me $'s unless I opt to buy at 3yrs, and that adds $6K more to purchase.  Mileage no problem, down payment 1/10 less, monthly lease payments almost the same as purchase, a bit less, comp & liability ins is the same as purchase.

If I can make it three more years or not doesn't matter, the dealer will send a tow truck to the farm to load it up, no charge. Want to add a bed top and front hitch receiver, guess those have to come off when the lease runs out?

Making the lease payment or buy payment, no problem from SS$. So what are the good and bad of leases vs out-right purchase of a Toyota truck?

find out what is best for you.

example:

you lease truck for 3 years,write how much is down payment,montly payment and insurance.then devide the nomber by 36 month.now you know how much it cost you to have that in your driway. every month

when you buy new put the price down,insurance every month you come up to nomber,if you expect  life off truck 10 years,then devide the nomber by 120 month and you come to nomber how much it cost to be in your driway a month.

you can buy truck with 50K miles,the number will be best.

now you compare the nombers and do what is best for you,it is in front off you you do not have to ask anybody,just do some simple maths.

Edited by snag777

31 mins ago, snag777 said:

find out what is best for you.

example:

you lease truck for 3 years,write how much is down payment,montly payment and insurance.then devide the nomber by 36 month.now you know how much it cost you to have that in your driway. every month

when you buy new put the price down,insurance every month you come up to nomber,if you expect  life off truck 10 years,then devide the nomber by 120 month and you come to nomber how much it cost to be in your driway a month.

you can buy truck with 50K miles,the number will be best.

now you compare the nombers and do what is best for you,it is in front off you you do not have to ask anybody,just do some simple maths.

If only the equations were that simple. :laugh: :kook:

BTW, spellcheck is you're friend. :wave:

#1 you call dealer and ask how much is lease  a month and total nomber.

#2 you call dealer and ask how much is total paymant for new truck,when you have to pay the truck in 3 years you get that nomber and divide by 120 month and now you know the leese price a month and new price a month.

Nombers....

Any hoo,

Leases are for those who can not afford what they want, or those who use them as a tax advantage.

5 mins ago, snag777 said:

#1 you call dealer and ask how much is lease  a month and total nomber.

#2 you call dealer and ask how much is total paymant for new truck,when you have to pay the truck in 3 years you get that nomber and divide by 120 month and now you know the leese price a month and new price a month.

You're new at this aren't you? :laugh:

There is a good lease forum that if you check, lease hackers frequent it and list what they pay for your specific vehicle.  They also list the money factor and residuals that are being offered on vehicles now.  That's your best option for finding out payments.  Leases work best when you drive under a certain amount of miles and you keep really good care of your car.  

Buy it. If you can loan the money to yourself and buy the vehicle outright. Each month pay yourself back, save all that interest the loan would cost you through standard methods. 

There are so many "if's" involved with leases. If you keep the mileage low, if you don't put any scratches on it, if you don't add any aftermarket stuff. If, if, if..........no!

If the truck is a Tacoma, I suggest buying it. They hold their value better than any other truck you an buy.