tomkaz

Is Collusion-Gate the Mother of All Narrative Torpedos?

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

A reminder, a narrative torpedo is one that turns around and attacks the sun from which it was launched. Inspired by The Hunt For Red October, it happens when the creators of the narrative throw all caution to the wind and take their accusations beyond the scope of what facts support. But eventually find out that their accusations apply to their own cohort who have their own issues that start coming to light.

 

 

FineDearBittern-small.gif

 

The #MeToo movement turned out to be a narrative torpedo consuming far more liberal powerbroker victims than conservatives. And now it appears that Collusion-Gate May be an even bigger torpedo, the MOANTs. 

 

The NewNeo says it best, though uses "boomerang" where I prefer torpedo. 

At what Democrats thought would be their time of triumph, instead they fear a day of reckoning may come

Posted on April 11, 2019 at 2:40 pm

Democrats seem both angry and frightened, and their kneejerk and perhaps even somewhat panicked response right now is to try to destroy Barr.

 

You can feel the frisson of fear they emanate. They waited two years for the blow of the Mueller report to fall on Trump, and now other investigative blows may fall on them. The Mueller report combined with Barr’s appointment could end up being a sort of ironic boomerang (whether or not boomerangs can be ironic I leave to you to decide).

 

How could this have happened? they must be thinking. How could the worm have turned? But they are spinning in the usual manner, hoping that—as so often has happened in the past—their confederates in the press will work their magic to make all of it go away and boomerang back to Republicans instead. 

 

But whatever comes of it all, if anything, Democrats cannot believe that at least right now their dreams have turned to dust and they taste, instead of the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are two versions of reality currently... the Dems are merely going to choose the alternate version of reality and stick with that... expect massive shortages of Tim foil in the near future..

 

Barr is corrupt

Mueller is corrupt

Rosenstein is corrupt

The proof is in the redactions

the proof is in his tax returns

Wrong  doing on the part of the FBI /DOJ/ Intel Agancys was justified

Trump is punishing political enemies who investigated him (despite the evidence of their corruption)

Russia... Russia.... Russia 

 

you’re all just racist ignorant white trash  anyway....

 

Yada Yada Yada... 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it not fundamentally obvious that lawful redactions in the Mueller report are currently being shaded as suspected whitewashing of Trump and his admin by Democrats.

 

This way any other revelations that are damaging to Democrats in the Mueller report can be shaded by the same suspicion, and with that shade, invalidated.

 

Hopefully the US public can see through this ruse, but given the posting here of our resident left myopia is not only rampant, but practiced daily in the face of overwhelming evidence contrary to their views, so lets not hold our breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RiverRaider said:

There are two versions of reality currently... the Dems are merely going to choose the alternate version of reality and stick with that... expect massive shortages of Tim foil in the near future..

Does the boss have his own brand of RF blocking foil these days?

@TimS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RiverRaider said:

There are two versions of reality currently... the Dems are merely going to choose the alternate version of reality and stick with that... expect massive shortages of Tim foil in the near future..

 

Barr is corrupt

Mueller is corrupt

Rosenstein is corrupt

The proof is in the redactions

the proof is in his tax returns

Wrong  doing on the part of the FBI /DOJ/ Intel Agancys was justified

Trump is punishing political enemies who investigated him (despite the evidence of their corruption)

Russia... Russia.... Russia 

 

you’re all just racist ignorant white trash  anyway....

 

Yada Yada Yada...

You forgot Oligarchs and Deutsche Bank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tomkaz said:

Does the boss have his own brand of RF blocking foil these days?

@TimS

Personally I prefer a nice fine copper mesh Faraday cage...it helps me distinguish the voices in my head from the ones the government is trying to make me think are coming from in my head :bucktooth: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zybathegeek said:

Is it not fundamentally obvious that lawful redactions in the Mueller report are currently being shaded as suspected whitewashing of Trump and his admin by Democrats.

 

This way any other revelations that are damaging to Democrats in the Mueller report can be shaded by the same suspicion, and with that shade, invalidated.

 

Hopefully the US public can see through this ruse, but given the posting here of our resident left myopia is not only rampant, but practiced daily in the face of overwhelming evidence contrary to their views, so lets not hold our breath.

Reminder, Barr said in his testimony this week that they will NOT be redacting just due to it saying something about Trump that is unflattering. He pointed out that the rule on not disclosing info about unindicted persons, or witnesses, or related parties, only applies to those who are not elected officials.

 

I think it went under-reported that they WOULD be allowing the public to read that sort of info about Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, TimS said:

Personally I prefer a nice fine copper mesh Faraday cage...it helps me distinguish the voices in my head from the ones the government is trying to make me think are coming from in my head :bucktooth: 

If I had time, I would photoshop your face over Hackman's. 

 

eots.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, tomkaz said:

You forgot Oligarchs and Deutsche Bank

Yep. They bailed out Trump’s failing business empire and he owes them, BIGLY. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Barr narrative is simply preemptive in nature...we know there have to be redactions by law; the redactions will then be the excuse for any shortcomings detractors find in the report. Built-in excuses are the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Reminder, Barr said in his testimony this week that they will NOT be redacting just due to it saying something about Trump that is unflattering. He pointed out that the rule on not disclosing info about unindicted persons, or witnesses, or related parties, only applies to those who are not elected officials.

 

I think it went under-reported that they WOULD be allowing the public to read that sort of info about Trump.

Reminder: Barr can say this all he likes, the Dems will still cast FUD over anything he says, because as most of us suspect there ARE damaging revelations for the Dems in the report, why else are they and their media handmaidens so vocal about it, and in process of demonizing and reducing Mueller their previous hero?

 

Not only are we smelling a rat, we are starting to see it as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, zybathegeek said:

Reminder: Barr can say this all he likes, the Dems will still cast FUD over anything he says, because as most of us suspect there ARE damaging revelations for the Dems in the report, why else are they and their media handmaidens so vocal about it, and in process of demonizing and reducing Mueller their previous hero?

 

Not only are we smelling a rat, we are starting to see it as well. 

I don't think the Dems believe this bit at all about the Mueller report contents. If they believed there was less than flattering info about Dems in there, it would not be minor and could be narrative-busting. I don't think they think that, otherwise they would NOT be calling for the release of the entire report, unredacted. Unless, they understand but assume on a net-net basis, Trump takes more hits than any important Democrats do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 mins ago, tomkaz said:

I don't think the Dems believe this bit at all about the Mueller report contents. If they believed there was less than flattering info about Dems in there, it would not be minor and could be narrative-busting. I don't think they think that, otherwise they would NOT be calling for the release of the entire report, unredacted. Unless, they understand but assume on a net-net basis, Trump takes more hits than any important Democrats do. 

In negotiation strategy, the Dems are using what is called an ambit gambit.

Edited by zybathegeek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.