davedodge

Tog?

Rate this topic

75 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, yemista said:

Did everyone forget about those spots or do they no longer produce?

Haven't forgotten them. Have coffee near one every morning.  Don't know if they produce anymore or not as I don't fish tog? PM me and I'll tell you more.  ;)

5 hours ago, bob_G said:

Haven't forgotten them. Have coffee near one every morning.  Don't know if they produce anymore or not as I don't fish tog? PM me and I'll tell you more.  ;)

Could I PM you and check the spot too?

I had two great Tog outings this weekend. I was able to get my oldest son and a cousin from NH out on Saturday and my youngest son and my niece out Sunday. Both days produced good fish. On Sunday my son had a hit and run about 50 feet of line. I thought striper at first but it ended up tangled on bottom. He handed me the rod and I gave about 10 feet of slack. About a minute later I began to think it was not to be recovered.  To my amazement, I had him free and handed the boy the rod back. Turned out to be a 9 pound white chin!

12 mins ago, stinky1 said:

I had two great Tog outings this weekend. I was able to get my oldest son and a cousin from NH out on Saturday and my youngest son and my niece out Sunday.

Was it boat fishing or shore on Sat? It was very windy in Boston harbor. 

Was out the morning in a boat.   Got a couple of Tog but only one legal size.  Slow going   Surface temp was about 51 degrees.   Lots of schoolies up top feeding on small bait.  Guessing sand eels but didn't bother to check.   I was one of three boats at the ramp.   1 wasn't fishing, he was hauling gear.   Not sure if the other boat was togging.  I'm guessing I'm a bit early as fishing was good there would be more boats. 

Limited out on our vessel yesterday in the rain fishing out of Westport. Had to pick through all the shorts that was mostly in the 15" range. The biggest was 23".

53 mins ago, Dah seee said:

Limited out on our vessel yesterday in the rain fishing out of Westport. Had to pick through all the shorts that was mostly in the 15" range. The biggest was 23".

Nice job.    I was north of you.    Did you fish shallow?    I started out in high 20s and had some luck.    Nothing at low 20s.      Started to fish shallow but wind was picking up and my engine stalled.   Was able to get it going after a few tries but since it was afternoon and no boats in sight thought it best to head in.   

3 hours ago, notime said:

Nice job.    I was north of you.    Did you fish shallow?    I started out in high 20s and had some luck.    Nothing at low 20s.      Started to fish shallow but wind was picking up and my engine stalled.   Was able to get it going after a few tries but since it was afternoon and no boats in sight thought it best to head in.   

We were fishing in 14-17ft. 

Figures.   I found a nice spot that was under 20 and then the motor issue.   No idea if any fish there but would have been nice to give it a try.    Oh well.    Glad you had a good day. 

4 hours ago, notime said:

Started to fish shallow but wind was picking up and my engine stalled.   Was able to get it going after a few tries but since it was afternoon and no boats in sight thought it best to head in.   

Get yourself a TowBoatUS membership and that won’t be a problem any longer. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 hours ago, Seadogg said:

Get yourself a TowBoatUS membership and that won’t be a problem any longer. 

I have SeaTow but I’d rather not use it if I don’t need it.  And I was close to the ramp so it would have been a quick tow by another boat heading in, if there had been any.    I just didn’t want to have the conversation about needing a tow cuz after I got the motor started I decided to stay and fish a little longer.    

The battery wasn’t working correctly as not only didn’t it start but the motor wouldnt go up or down.   Just charged it so battery is fine.    Could have been lose connection or something.    I wasn’t quite to the point of checking things or swapping out batteries.   It seems to working fine now so not sure what the issue was.    

Edited by notime
Typo

I was between MA and RI over the weekend and hit our limit within 2 hours from shore. Threw a lot of keepers back to find the big ones, best of the day was at  24inches.