davedodge

Tog?

Rate this topic

75 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any luck form Shore yet? It was low tide earlier in front of my house and I filled a bucket with crabs. I may try closer to high tide.

When the dandelions get more in tuned with the yard one can expect some action . My indicators are not around yet , so I would say it may be a touch to early, but if the weather is warm like to today with a strong sun one never knows what is lurking around in the water to be caught

I dropped a crab pot out this morning. I plan on checking it in about an hour. If there are enough green crabs I may race out to sakonnet point to poke around for tog.

5 hours ago, cj7fisherman said:

I dropped a crab pot out this morning. I plan on checking it in about an hour. If there are enough green crabs I may race out to sakonnet point to poke around for tog.

I didn't end up going. It was a little rainy. There were a few guys fishing, but they just got there. I heard from another guy that someone got a few last Monday in the same spot.I may try tomorrow afternoon. Did you go?

I bought a new trap this year so I'm itching to try it out. I put it near where I saw tons last year but nothing in a few hours. I left it out there and will check it after a day or two. I did find a few under rocks last week too.

I went today, but only for a half hour. It was too windy. Usually the wind is ok for tog, but today there was so much loose vegetation in the water that every cast the crabs were covered. It looks to be less windy and sunny on Wednesday.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:57 AM, cj7fisherman said:

I bought a new trap this year so I'm itching to try it out. I put it near where I saw tons last year but nothing in a few hours. I left it out there and will check it after a day or two. I did find a few under rocks last week too.

Any luck with the trap? 

19 hours ago, notime said:

Any luck with the trap? 

Nothing yet. I left it out for 48ish hours and went to check. Nothing even touched the bait. I was near a marshy area in a brackish river. I figure the water is still a bit too cold, but I'm just guessing.

35 mins ago, RSurf97 said:

Has anyone had success with Tog in the South Shore area. Not looking for spots,  just wondering if there is a reason to make an effort.

Yes, yesterday. Those aren't my fish, but someone caught them in front of my house. I will be going today if the weather isn't terrible.

20190421_193359.jpg