Fishy Fisher

Nationalism on the rise globally, globalism in decline

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

9 mins ago, patchyfog said:

If you mean that, seems to me that you have no problems with all the outsourcing of jobs by American corporations that's occurred over the last 40 yrs.

Ummm no. As President, he is trying to change that. As a businessman, he was simply playing the cards he was dealt. Now he is the Dealer and he’s trying to make sure that all of the players have America as a good business option. It’s gotta be common sense no?

ErikT

1 hour ago, patchyfog said:

If you mean that, seems to me that you have no problems with all the outsourcing of jobs by American corporations that's occurred over the last 40 yrs.

It’s pretty obvious that Americans in general have had no problems with it.

16 hours ago, RJ said:

That bottom line results in more jobs, an economy on steroids and less people on food stamps!

Russia is not growing their economy and manufacturing jobs!

Russia’s population growth Is shrinking! There is nothing good about Russia’s Stagnation.

List what is good about their circumstances that out weigh our situation.

We are the largest exporter of oil and Natural Gas in liquid form! That is under cutting Russia’s prices and improving the standard of living in Eastern Europe.

RJ, it's great to see that some Republicans get it. Thank you!

11 hours ago, ridenfish said:

So only republicans own all the businesses???????

Yes, Democrats are too lazy and useless to have their own businesses. It says so on SOL.

10 hours ago, swnoel said:

That's because Republicans believe in capitalism and are repulsed by collectivism.

How do they feel about protectionism?

4 mins ago, Gamakatsu said:

Yes, Democrats are too lazy and useless to have their own businesses. 

At least you admit it. 

All joking aside.....you think it’s only Republican owned businesses that ship production overseas? I hate the fact that it’s done, but it’s tough to compete with slave labor. 

2 hours ago, patchyfog said:

There is a kernel of truth to that. But overall, I give it a D+.

29 mins ago, Gamakatsu said:

How do they feel about protectionism?

Depends on what you believe protectionism is. I don’t believe it’s fair that companies move their plants overseas and create a vacuum of good paying jobs at the expense of profits.  Nor do I believe we should tax foreign goods at a lower rate than our goods get taxed in their country. I watched  what NAFTA did to the families  in the communities where I live. The communities are not thriving like they did prior to NAFTA.

On 4/13/2019 at 8:07 PM, Fishy Fisher said:

And libs wonder why Putin is viewed more favorably than Obama or any neocon.

How any American can think favorably of Putin is beyond me.

Posted (edited) · Report post

10 hours ago, patchyfog said:

How any American can think favorably of Putin is beyond me.

In relation to what? Context is important. In relation to clown world he's looking pretty good. 

Edited by Fishy Fisher
Autocorrect

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:55 PM, Gamakatsu said:

You mean the corporations and their right wing Republican management who want the cheapest possible labor? I totally agree, sick mother F'ers with no regard for their country. Pieces of dung. Even our nationalist American First President had his stuff being manufactured in 12 different countries. Sick globalist?

Money has no party affiliation. It is its own party.

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 hours ago, swnoel said:

Depends on what you believe protectionism is. I don’t believe it’s fair that companies move their plants overseas and create a vacuum of good paying jobs at the expense of profits.  Nor do I believe we should tax foreign goods at a lower rate than our goods get taxed in their country. I watched  what NAFTA did to the families  in the communities where I live. The communities are not thriving like they did prior to NAFTA.

Them Repubs!

Bill-Clinton-NAFTA-511x700.jpg

"Even Hillary Clinton can't bring herself to defend the deal her husband pushed through. Asked during a recent debate if she thought it was a mistake, she did everything but deny she'd ever met the man.
"All I can remember from that is a bunch of charts," she chortled, in possibly the least believable statement of the 2008 campaign."

Edited by Jetty Jumper

3 mins ago, Jetty Jumper said:

Them Repubs!

Bill-Clinton-NAFTA-511x700.jpg

Unfortunately, both political parties assisted in the dismantling of manufacturing base . Clinton just made it official!

20 mins ago, swnoel said:

Unfortunately, both political parties assisted in the dismantling of manufacturing base . Clinton just made it official!

True,I was pointing out that it was not just a Rep betrayal of the American worker.