JTF

Window/Auto Decals

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

What's the decal I see up here in the mountains "Salt Life" mean?  Been fishing NC coast for 40+ years, never needed a decal until the beach closures, thanks NPS. Next thing will be  dream catchers  back in style.  

That's kind of like the "new hippies"  around here. I think it was Abbie Hoffman's joke that went: "I wanted to be a hippie, but they wouldn't let me in."

There are a surprising number of people in Tennessee that are living the “Salt Life”.  Seems like a long commute to me, but what do I know.

If you want to save a few bucks, you can join the almost-elite club whose sticker shows how many family members you have in stick-figure form. 

It's what is now being called a "dog whistle" - it signifies fishing prowess and alerts other sharpies to your acumen. Be prepared for random conversations in the secret code language of the pescatorian elite.

I get a kick out of the people who put all those stickers on from companies like Yeti  , Costa , VS , and such , All it does is tell the world you may have high dollar stuff inside or at home so they follow you so they can score big later or just smash your glass for a quick grab , Same reason I don't put gun companies stickers on . The only sticker on my truck is part of my tags that say Veteran and I hope they take it to mean don't screw with him.

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 mins ago, jolly mon said:

I get a kick out of the people who put all those stickers on from companies like Yeti  , Costa , VS , and such , All it does is tell the world you may have high dollar stuff inside or at home so they follow you so they can score big later or just smash your glass for a quick grab , Same reason I don't put gun companies stickers on . The only sticker on my truck is part of my tags that say Veteran and I hope they take it to mean don't screw with him.

You must have been in a while with all those locations listed. Thanks. :th: 

Edited by MikeMc