Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jkrock

Memories

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Digging thru my old crap, and I came across this leather pouch I made back in cub scouts.  Had to be late 70s.

i remember making it vividly because because that is the day I got kicked out of cub scouts for pounding the den mothers kid flat.  He threatened me and a pal with the scissors we used to cut the leather, and both he and his mom seemed shocked he took a such  a beating for being a prick.

this was right after the d-bags ridiculed my pal for his pinewood derby car (his dad died and he entered a square block of wood with wheels painted flat black, cause he made it himself )

i never was cut out for scouting 

good times

213FABA1-1E60-4EBA-8978-957EA306C868.jpeg

Edited by jkrock

I was asked (told) to leave for similar reasons , The Den Mothers kid was a first rate bully/Dick but his Mom saw it different , He made fun of me because my Parents divorced in the boys room , I beat the crap out of him , I've never seen anyone's nose bleed like his , Five other kids said they were through with it if he stayed because he didn't live up to being a Cub Scout .

33 mins ago, MikeMc said:

Why did your parents divorce in the boys room? :huh: 

That was just were that dumb a$$ wanted to play his hand , I guess  because his Mother wasn't watching him , If he tried anything stupid with people around he wouldn't get away with it , He just picked the wrong kid to hit a sore nerve with ,

4 hours ago, jkrock said:

Sorry to get all nostalgic.  

Haha. All good, it happens. 

My mom was watching my boys last month. My boys are 14&10. She felt the need to tell them all the dumb **** I did as a kid. How I beat up some kid in 1st grade and his dad was some attorney or cop or something to that effect. I was removed from the school. Lol. 

Digging through old stuff can be interesting and sometimes sad. 

I was about thirty when I reached into an old cardboard box in the back of my bedroom closet. Pulled the box off the shelf and sat one the edge of the bed and realized I was officially an adult. 

In the box was an assortment of fireworks from firecrackers up to a dozen cherry bombs and M-80's. When you are a kid you never put away fireworks for any reason. Every fuse has to be lit as quickly as possible if not sooner. I was an adult and just a little sad.   

1 hour ago, DoorGunner said:

Digging through old stuff can be interesting and sometimes sad. 

I was about thirty when I reached into an old cardboard box in the back of my bedroom closet. Pulled the box off the shelf and sat one the edge of the bed and realized I was officially an adult. 

In the box was an assortment of fireworks from firecrackers up to a dozen cherry bombs and M-80's. When you are a kid you never put away fireworks for any reason. Every fuse has to be lit as quickly as possible if not sooner. I was an adult and just a little sad.   

Go light them off , What the hell