CtJim

Hotels in Washington DC

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I am looking for recommendations for hotels in Washington DC. Staying for 2 nights and would like to visit some of the sites, Capital Building, White House, Vietnam Memorial etc. Any suggestions on hotels in safe neighborhood where we can walk to some or all of the attractions. Thank you

I can't spell, it sounds like E-woo Jeem-a (Guys planting our flag on an Island in the other ocean) then you use the Metro (Subway system) It is a one story motel with a Chinese restaurant on the property.

Peace

One Washington Circle is nice....been there several times and taking all my nitwits there for Easter. It's close to most things and DC's metro is fairly clean and well organized. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Four Seasons in Georgetown is where I stay whenever I go to DC.  There’s plenty of pubs and restaurants within walking distance.  

Best part is that the sidewalks don’t roll up and become a ghost town after working hours, like it does in the downtown Capital area.

Edited by Wayne Tj

My wife, and her sisters stayed here for a couple of nights, and loved it.

Within walking distance of the sights, but a bit of a hike down to the Capitol area.

Hotel Lombardy

Address: 2019 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20006

Phone: (202) 828-2600

Hotel class: 4-star hotel

On 4/13/2019 at 10:56 AM, Wayne Tj said:

Four Seasons in Georgetown is where I stay whenever I go to DC.  There’s plenty of pubs and restaurants within walking distance.  

Best part is that the sidewalks don’t roll up and become a ghost town after working hours, like it does in the downtown Capital area.

Good point....it's usually the area we end up at late.

Reminds me of a funny story,  rolled into Savannah one night, on my bike, not a decent room available in town, end up at the Thunderbird inn, get a room,  go to room and the parking lots full of hookers ,drug dealers and various miscreants,  go back to office, get some garbage bags, put them on the floor rolled my harley into the room , slept on the floor next to my harley :th:

So much to see, so little time, Library of Congress, Smithsonian , VN memorial  WW II memorial, USMC Iwo Jima, Hotel in Rockville//Gaithersburg , MD, parking at Shady Grove Metro stop

1 hour ago, Al Sears said:

So much to see, so little time, Library of Congress, Smithsonian , VN memorial  WW II memorial, USMC Iwo Jima, Hotel in Rockville//Gaithersburg , MD, parking at Shady Grove Metro stop

^^^^ THIS.....well worth it.