HDcycles

Lamiglas GSB

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Anyone fishing a GSB 2 piece rod? Have a older Xs101ms that has a crack down the blank. With the warranty they will send a new GSB 2 piece for 175. Is it worth it or should I just stick to a 1 piece rod? Thanks guys. 

I have a 2 piece gsb 1321m that is custom and I think it's fine.  I glued it together so now its one piece.  You're not going to find a higher end rod new for that price.  

West system thickened epoxy.  I prepped the blank by cleaning the glued area with alcohol, then lightly sanded to roughen up the area.  Tape area off so you don't get glue all over the blank.  The two pieces want to separate because you compress air when you put them together with the glue.  Just work at it and it will seat.  I then lightly clamped the two pieces together on my bench with a piece of wax paper under the glue area.

The action and feel of the 1 piece and 2 piece lamiglas gsb's are very different.  I'm a 1 piece guy, but if you liked your 2 piece, why not, that's a good deal, no?  If you didn't really like it, then that's a different situation.  Lami provides a nice product in the 1 pc. versions now-a-days that isn't cheap, per se, but quite affordable for a pretty capable piece of equipment.  You can spend more and get better, of course, but it'll do you well.