gellfex

Anyone use chinese 'Lugworms' to TnW? 4-6 weeks in fridge!!!

21 posts in this topic

I just picked up some of these worms at my local BnT. He says they're from China, and will last 4-6 weeks in storage, a huge improvement from short lived sandworms that are their close relatives. They even come in 2 colors. I'm hoping to try em out soon!

41528173710_.pic_-600x400.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

Interesting... I started reading about these and there is a company that sells them freeze dried so you can rehydrate them.

303A2354-9E0B-49FB-B05A-580B87F5A298.jpeg

Edited by drmevo

5 hours ago, Rick67 said:

How much $ a box?

I paid $10 for I think a dozen. The picture is from their website and looks like a hell of a lot more than a dozen. The company is called Shoreline, I assumed if I posted a link Tim would take it down. I'm never sure about his rules, does it matter if it's not a retailer?

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 hours ago, drmevo said:

Interesting... I started reading about these and there is a company that sells them freeze dried so you can rehydrate them.

303A2354-9E0B-49FB-B05A-580B87F5A298.jpeg

Any intel on how well rehydrated worms work? Why not frozen, do they fall apart like frozen bunker? I've never heard of anybody freezing leftover sandworms.

Edited by gellfex

Very interesting critters, keeping them post fishing takes a little work. If you don’t individually wrap the larger ones in newspaper, and one breaks it fouls all the other worms. I could not find any info whether they bite like the standard Sandys. I think they already exist here, but I’m sure they’ll now proliferate and take over like the Asian crabs.

8 mins ago, cheech said:

Very interesting critters, keeping them post fishing takes a little work. If you don’t individually wrap the larger ones in newspaper, and one breaks it fouls all the other worms. I could not find any info whether they bite like the standard Sandys. I think they already exist here, but I’m sure they’ll now proliferate and take over like the Asian crabs.

:worms:

6 hours ago, gellfex said:

Any intel on how well rehydrated worms work? Why not frozen, do they fall apart like frozen bunker? I've never heard of anybody freezing leftover sandworms.

No idea, but there are a few favorable reviews. One guy’s review said they fell apart easily. The company responded that he probably soaked them too long, but if you’re fishing them aren’t you soaking them? :huh: 

The same company sells freeze dried blood worms as well. Might be a better backup than Gulp and probably worth a shot for $6 or $7.

13 hours ago, gellfex said:

I just picked up some of these worms at my local BnT. He says they're from China, and will last 4-6 weeks in storage, a huge improvement from short lived sandworms that are their close relatives. They even come in 2 colors. I'm hoping to try em out soon!

41528173710_.pic_-600x400.jpg

They look real good in the picture ?  Wonder what that red stuff is?

NIce way to introduce a non-native species into the local ecosystem, potentially disrupting the population of native sandworms.

9 mins ago, 55555s said:

NIce way to introduce a non-native species into the local ecosystem, potentially disrupting the population of native sandworms.

That going to happen ....