Shaky86

Talk me out of buying

18 posts in this topic

BG is a great reel, especially for the price. The 4000 is likely bigger than necessary though. I use a 3000 loaded with 20# braid from the kayak in the river and it is plenty of reel.

12 hours ago, RobEnglish said:

I love all my Daiwa gear. 

E13E87B4-52F9-44E3-B684-69E585559C27.jpeg

Just gave my new Coastal TWS a test drive the other night and I'm really liking it so far. Hopefully I'll be able to put to a real test soon. 

I don’t think the 4000 is oversized, but I do prefer my 3000 in the kayak. The 4000 is great if you might also do some fishing from shore. I’m sure the combo rod is nothing special but would probably be fine. I’ve seen the combo on sale at the local b&t for like $110 and at that price you can’t really go wrong. 

2 hours ago, Craiger12 said:

Just gave my new Coastal TWS a test drive the other night and I'm really liking it so far. Hopefully I'll be able to put to a real test soon. 

I have one paired up with a 1oz Daiwa Saltis Inshore rod and it’s a beast. Everything from flounder to 4’ brown shark with no problems.

20 hours ago, Shaky86 said:

Daiwa BG4000/701MH BG Saltwater Pre-Mounted Spinning Combo

Plan on using it for stripers in bays and rivers. 

Why would we talk you out of anything, we'er guys, buy as much crap as you can as long as you don't get divorced. :)

Yes but now when it shows up next week when she ask why I boughtanother fishing rod I can honestly say the guys on that "stripper webset" said it was a good deal. 

18 mins ago, Shaky86 said:

Yes but now when it shows up next week when she ask why I boughtanother fishing rod I can honestly say the guys on that "stripper webset" said it was a good deal. 

If you say that (please read above carefully) you are in a lot bigger trouble than you thought.

23 hours ago, jeffreyrichard said:

More $$$ on fishing gear is less singles lying around for "stripper bait" ... she'll like that ...

I concur