DeepCastMike

Driving on the Beach SH?

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Still the walking can be long distance, and sand is all soft. From the 9 Gun lot up to the beach is a haul, and then going east ( at least to the ropes ) or west, hmmm ? Or North Beach ( when going left isn't roped off ) can be a hoof. Most of the other areas are much closer to where you park and there is plenty of parking. The place can be downright spooky late at night.

I heard back in the old days, you could drive the Sandy Hook beaches, until some Cowboy in a War-Surplus Jeep flipped and necks were broken...NO Moar driving on Sandy Hook...:rav:

1 hour ago, fdhog said:

It'd be nice if they could run a shuttle service at the tip. LOL

It'd be a lot of things, nice wouldn't be one of them. 

19 hours ago, chumbucket said:

I heard back in the old days, you could drive the Sandy Hook beaches, until some Cowboy in a War-Surplus Jeep flipped and necks were broken...NO Moar driving on Sandy Hook...:rav:

In the old days you could drive around the "end" at Montauk. Things do change. Not sure if driving on the Hook would be a good thing.

I have been going to Sandy Hook since it was a State Park in 1965 with Fort Hancock on the Northern part. There was never, ever, a time when the public could drive on the beach. 

One year a kid wanted to impress his girlfriend with a sunset drive on the fishermans trail from lot m, he made it out, not back. he wanted me to push, I said no worries, the rangers will push you out. Lol . His last words, it’s my fathers car, he’s going to kill me. I said don’t worry, you’ll be safe in jail.

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 hours ago, bayyaker54 said:

One year a kid wanted to impress his girlfriend with a sunset drive on the fishermans trail from lot m, he made it out, not back. he wanted me to push, I said no worries, the rangers will push you out. Lol . His last words, it’s my fathers car, he’s going to kill me. I said don’t worry, you’ll be safe in jail.

SMH that was a sweetheart move. Could be your son one day.

Edited by deathbyfeds

Its a long walk so bring an irish hoagie and some juice.

The walk out out night can suck, especially if you don't know where you walked on.

1 hour ago, Buckscorider said:

Its a long walk so bring an irish hoagie and some juice.

The walk out out night can suck, especially if you don't know where you walked on.

If you are lost at night, just whisper Penelopeeeeee. Help will be on the way.