DeepCastMike

Driving on the Beach SH?

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Hey all happy friday!!!! Quick question i will be fishing at SH alot this year what beach A,B,C,D? ETC can i drive my truck on? Just curious if there was a particular one

1 point to run over each bird, 5 points for each nest, 10 points for nest with eggs. Will have to refer to the committee for rabid raccoon or stray cats.

2 hours ago, faithless said:

No vehicles allowed on the beach at SH.

Only allow vehicles on the beach from 10/1 through 3/31 and you need a permit.

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 mins ago, TowerJetty67 said:

There are no vehicles on the beach at SH any time of the year. 

Are we talking about Stone Harbor NJ?  Maybe I have the wrong place.

Edited by Captain Lew

Now I see you are up North, down here SH is Stone Harbor...... Your talking Sandy Hook.....sorry. :howdy:

Edited by Captain Lew

I might be mistaken but I think there is a beach you can drive on in IBSP. Would be nice if they let you do it at SH during the closed season.

Edited by DResc

40 mins ago, DResc said:

I might be mistaken but I think there is a fishing beach you can drive on in IBSP. Would be nice if they let you do it at SH during the closed season.

:hey:

13 hours ago, DResc said:

I might be mistaken but I think there is a beach you can drive on in IBSP. Would be nice if they let you do it at SH during the closed season.

They are ascared of bombs and munitions buried there during WW2 will blow up. Of course they can replenish beaches with millions of yards of sand and drive tractors and heavy equipment up and down the beach, but to let a buggy go fishing, very dangerous.

There is no need to drive on the beach at SH. Parking lots back up to both sides of the beach for 90% of the park. Avoiding people, roped off bird areas and sharp sloped soft sand on the north end would make it impossible to stay out of the grass and dunes with multiple vehicles passing each other. Besides, it wouldn't take long for a boat to run up on the sand and hit a buggy. :help: