Sixguns

New Camera for Kayak other that Gopro

12 posts in this topic

I have an old Gopro.  I rigged to my bow for some nice shots, and the remote worked great.

Fast forward a couple of years and everything isn't working so great anymore.  I'm looking to get a new one and a new remote.  

I'm looking for one that is easy to use and the remote will turn it off and on and start recording when I want it to.

I've seen some brands that have a remote but they usually just turn them on but can't take pics or vice versa.

Anyone know one??

Thanks

If you're looking for a good clone, I really like my Akaso Brave 4 so far. No it's not a GoPro, but it's not even close to being junk.

That’s something I hope to get soon too. Akaso is one of the brands I’ve been leaning towards.

I don’t think the clones remotes can compete with GoPro remote though 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I bought a few yi 4k cameras a few years ago on the advice of a professional video guy. I took them on a trip to NZ and shot this video... It's exported to 1080 and there's a few cell phone shots mixed in as well as a few spots where it renders a bit rough because of zooms and speed tweaks but the straight up footage is really quite good. The new camera has voice commands and shoots at 60fps, my old one only did 30 then I downgraded to 1080 as 4k wasn't available anywhere at the time I made it.

Edited by Shane Y

The remote is a big factor for me.  I have to look into the voice commands.  Do they actually work?

you can turn on the camera and tell it to shot pics in elapse or in video?

1 hour ago, Sixguns said:

The remote is a big factor for me.  I have to look into the voice commands.  Do they actually work?

you can turn on the camera and tell it to shot pics in elapse or in video?

Interested in this as well. I'm looking for a camera that I can mount on the bow of my Outback just for still shots. Not interested in video. Voice command pictures would be great.

gopro's have decent voice command on their product line but don't know how effective it is while you're on the kayak... wind and such...

wish they come out with a min 3 hr battery life...

1 hour ago, kinghong1970 said:

wish they come out with a min 3 hr battery life...

Al, when you have 3 hrs worth of catching in a trip, they’ll release one especially for you :angel: