The Muslim Uptalker

Rate this topic

Little

That Omar woman, said 9/11 was just "somebody did sumpt'n (uptalk)".

I found that fairly offensive.  How about you leftists?  Especially you lefty New Yorkers?  Are you cool with this woman or no, and why?

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

The Dems seem offended that normal people are offended by her comments.

its almost like the libs think they own the rights to being allowed to be offended and other people aren’t allowed to get offended by what they say.

Ever notice the media treats it that way too?

"mother Theresa was a POS"-fish'nmagician

omg, what a surprise to come in here and hear more inaccurate Muslim hating. I listened to the speech given by the Omar woman, it was boring, she acknowledged 9/11 was terrorism, and later on she said 'because someone did something' (or similar remark).

Anyhow, I get enjoyment reading how it absolutely unhinges some people that Muslims are just as American, just as Patriotic as the rest of us. Despite all the prejudice, despite all the name calling, lying, and ridicule.....they keep being good citizens. 

A good indicator of bigotry is when, in the course of introducing a person,  you refer to their religion as the primary descriptor. Unless you're writing about theology, when sect, denomination, or what have you, is relevant. 

I just thank my lord Jesus that women like her exist, and have the courage to stand up to the bigots.

3 mins ago, Livefreeordie said:

A good indicator of bigotry is when, in the course of introducing a person,  you refer to their religion as the primary descriptor. Unless you're writing about theology, when sect, denomination, or what have you, is relevant. 

I just thank my lord Jesus that women like her exist, and have the courage to stand up to the bigots.

It seems to me that it is the muslims themselves that make a point of pointing out there muslimness.

I have neighbors and friends that are muslims but never point that out - anymore than someone would point out that they're catholic.

But, when you start groups to elevate muslims in society, then you have to face the whole of the situation, why is the bigotry there? Can you address the root cause, or do you just want selfish elevation? Before you want to start cheering yay for the mussies, you better go back and fix some of that jihad. 

“America counts millions of Muslims amongst our citizens, and Muslims make an incredibly valuable contribution to our country. Muslims are doctors, lawyers, law professors, members of the military, entrepreneurs, shopkeepers, moms and dads. And they need to be treated with respect. In our anger and emotion, our fellow Americans must treat each other with respect.

"Women who cover their heads in this country must feel comfortable going outside their homes. Moms who wear cover must be not intimidated in America. That’s not the America I know. That’s not the America I value. I’ve been told that some fear to leave; some don’t want to go shopping for their families; some don’t want to go about their ordinary daily routines because, by wearing cover, they’re afraid they’ll be intimidated. That should not and that will not stand in America. Those who feel like they can intimidate our fellow citizens to take out their anger don’t represent the best of America, they represent the worst of humankind, and they should be ashamed of that kind of behavior.”  G.W. Bush Address at Islamic Center, Washington, Sept. 17, 2001

Context matters.

“Here’s the truth. For far too long we have lived with the discomfort of being a second-class citizen and, frankly, I’m tired of it, and every single Muslim in this country should be tired of it. CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties. So you can’t just say that today someone is looking at me strange and that I am trying to make myself look pleasant. You have to say that this person is looking at me strange, I am not comfortable with it, and I am going to talk to them and ask them why. Because that is the right you have.”

1 min ago, KnewBee said:

Yes Jkrock,  the marching orders have been written and the usual suspects will parrot them here to ridicule the congresswoman.    The sky is falling

If we just look at 9-11 as an attack on the USA by Muslims,

then we won't wonder why we invaded Iraq as a response to being attack by Saudi Terrorists.....

Candidate Trump had a LOT to say about the Saudiis,

now he seems to like the Bone saw Prince......

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

Just now, fish'nmagician said:

If we just look at 9-11 as an attack on the USA by Muslims,

No kidding.  It was Lutherans and some guys from the Waukegan Illinois Rotary Club.  We know that now.

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand