Soup can

Patagonia / Danner

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Anyone here swallowed the substantial cost and picked up one of the new Patagonia/Danner wading boots? I'm getting tired of replacing my boots every year or two, and these sound interesting. I'd like to know if they are going to live up to the hype before dropping that kind of money though... Anyone have any experience with them?

I'm thinking about them.  My son is in their guide program so I can get a good discount...  I had the foot tractors- heavier than a dead minister.  I have the G4 Boas now- love them

They caught my attention. I have their lightweight boots, I like them a lot. I use those while wet suiting. They're a bit small for my waders. For now, I'm good on boots but my SImms are a few years old at this point. If they go maybe I will consider them.

WOW !  $650 for a pair of wading boots. Yvon Chouinard must be laughing at fools and suckers like us as he travels the world fishing exotic places on our dime LOL. I guess some just have to have the highest sticker priced equipment regardless.

When I started flyfishing, Danner boots were the best by far.  Simms and Patagonia didn't exist.  I'd be hard pressed to spend that much on the Danner/Patagonia boot, but I'm sure it's a great boot.  

I’d definitely consider then for the salt.

Barnacles and oysters eat up boots pretty quickly. I’ve been getting maybe three years out of boots at $150 or so per pair.

I’ve had Danner wading boots before and they held up well.

One of the selling points is that they can be refurbished. I wonder what the charge is for that?

SF

CFA77C11-8AF3-4E92-89C2-D92BD24F3371.jpeg

No experience with the wading boots but do have Danner boots that are used for hunting and to trek through the fields. They're solid boots.

I do not own a pair myself, however, I was recently at my local fly shop and they were talking about them.  I heard the owner say that they were amazing boots but the only drawback was the weight.  They sure are pretty though...:th:

I've had Danners in the past for hunting and they held up well. Just not sure how that translates to wading boots though... I'll be curious to hear how these hold up over time. 

On 4/11/2019 at 9:23 PM, bushshark said:

For salt or sweet water? Or both?

Majority sweet. A few outings per year in the salt it I am lucky. I'm considering the light weight version primarily. 

On 4/12/2019 at 7:28 PM, MEB said:

When I started flyfishing, Danner boots were the best by far.  Simms and Patagonia didn't exist.  I'd be hard pressed to spend that much on the Danner/Patagonia boot, but I'm sure it's a great boot.  

I had a pair of those Danner River Grippers in the '80s, and agree they were the best. Don't know why Danner stopped making them; maybe they just got outmarketed when new companies came along.