St. Croix Warranty

Rate this topic

Pma531

On 4/12/2019 at 6:13 AM, InvokeFifth said:

Of course the cost of the warranty is built in to the price of the rod.  

Perhaps St. Croix should use that money to build a better rod. 

That would not fit the modern U.S. business model.  Everything is built with planned obsolescence.  If it be shimano changing/upgrading reels and not providing long term parts or st. croix's now limited warranty.  We buy them, we fuel them, its our fault........

• 3 months later...
On 4/12/2019 at 7:25 PM, Tagman said:

I just picked up the 12’  1-6 a few weeks ago. No real time or fish on it yet. Just some test casting at the beach.  The rod bombs  pencils and bottles, and big swimmers like nothing else. I love the tip on this rod. Totally amazing! It’s also lighter than most 10ft rods, coming in at a little over 16oz..

Im think of picking up the 2-8. Do you own this rod? What are you throwing with it?

I used the 12’ 1-6 in Mexico and  for the last two months in Block Island. It’s the best surf rod I own. You can cast all day long with it. Great distances and the Pacific species like jacks, roosters and Cubera snappers are no match to this rod. The only other surf rod for Mexico that I enjoyed casting in the AFAW Universal 12’ but unfortunately it is not as strong as the Legend and I broke it on the 2nd day. Luckily I bought it used and I did not spend that much on it. I just can’t imagine spending over $500 on a rod without warranty that goes beyond the basic 1 year warranty

On 7/15/2019 at 8:55 AM, levari said:

I used the 12’ 1-6 in Mexico and  for the last two months in Block Island. It’s the best surf rod I own. You can cast all day long with it. Great distances and the Pacific species like jacks, roosters and Cubera snappers are no match to this rod. The only other surf rod for Mexico that I enjoyed casting in the AFAW Universal 12’ but unfortunately it is not as strong as the Legend and I broke it on the 2nd day. Luckily I bought it used and I did not spend that much on it. I just can’t imagine spending over $500 on a rod without warranty that goes beyond the basic 1 year warranty

Levari, thank you for the update and review on this rod. I really love mine. Unfortunately, I have had minimum use with the rod since I didn’t get out much this spring. Hope to put some big fish on it in the fall.

Your 100% right about its lightness. it’s amazing this rod can be cast for hours with no fatigue.

On 7/15/2019 at 8:55 AM, levari said:

Mine blew up casting a 2 oz plug..all set with St Croix happens often from what I hear

3 hours ago, willcodfish said:

Mine blew up casting a 2 oz plug..all set with St Croix happens often from what I hear

Since they give you 18 years warranty I guess you still own the replacement and you have no issues with it. No?

45 mins ago, willcodfish said:

Gotta send it back b a wall unit now

I own 6 or 7 different legends. Some for about 10 years. I never experienced or observed such issues. I fish a lot and sometimes with the best fishermen ... You must be a very powerful caster or an unusual defect. Let us know when the new replacement breaks

10 mins ago, levari said:

I own 6 or 7 different legends. Some for about 10 years. I never experienced or observed such issues. I fish a lot and sometimes with the best fishermen ... You must be a very powerful caster or an unusual defect. Let us know when the new replacement breaks

I will definitely keep you posted if i decide to use it

I blew up a 9ft mojo into 6 pieces when my plug caught on my bike.  Despite that, St croix still honored the warranty.

I also have an 11ft mojo that I've been chunking with for about 4 years now.  I can give two-chits about the rod; stored in my basement getting banged around on my snow blower, dropped it on the rocks and over-load it all the time and the thing won't break.  I want it to break so I can upgrade, but it won't break!

• TimS locked this topic