The Riddler

Should Fat People and taller people buy two airline tickets?

Rate this topic

132 posts in this topic

1 min ago, Brother Brian said:

I'm old enough to remember that people used to get dressed up to take a flight, even kids. Every flight looked like Easter dinner :laugh:

Today I would settle for some just to have bathed in the last 24 hours.

2 mins ago, Brother Brian said:

I'm old enough to remember that people used to get dressed up to take a flight, even kids. Every flight looked like Easter dinner :laugh:

I remember a smoking section on international travel. 

Row 1-19, non-smoking. Row 20-back smoking. 

Hell, lots of jets still have an ashtray in the armrest...speaks to how old the fleets are. 

17 mins ago, Reed422 said:

Ya I had a couple bad experiences with chubos 

Talkin bout flying here, Weed. Not sexual experiences. 

7 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

Should you get a discount for being shinny?

If you charge extra for Porky it's only fair to reward Slim.

Charge by the pound and grade by attractiveness. I will be in the prime section. 

Air travel used to be great. You were treated like a human. You’d order a meal while booking a flight, it was free. We’d always get the seafood meal. 

Ask for a bulkhead seat, no problem and no charge. If a first class seat was available at time of check-in most of the time it cost $50-100 more. 

People checked their luggage. This charge for luggage has generated the carry everything onboard with you attitude. Then you get the, we don’t have anymore space in the overhead so you can check your luggage for free. Wow what a concept, let’s start with its free. 

The whole alacarte approach is dumb. Center seat extra, window seat extra, isle seat extra, more leg room, board early, food, soft drink, one bag, two bag. 

Airlines do this and my take on it is they are dividing the different items on a bookkeeping angle that each is taxed differently. 

We used to enjoy to fly, id rather drive today. And, that says a lot based on traffic you encounter. 

My biggest pet peeve literally is that people can now fly with their pets.  Every animal is a therapy animal.    No accounting for anyone who has allergies.

I absolutely HATE the person 2 rows back who get up as soon as the plane stops, and then stands in the aisle next to me with their ass at my face level for 10 minutes until Everyone starts de boarding. Get the F out of my space! Pisses me off. 

The problem with flying is that depending on where you fly X airline has different rules. Some have rules for fat people, some animals, some bag size.

Example.

When I flew to Alaska on American and Alaska air I packed all my **** into a standard overhead bag. Threw all my electronics, socks and underwear in a backpack. No prob! 

When we flew to Iceland and for that matter anywhere in Europe, our standard overhead bag is larger then the European carriers. I brought the exact clothing to Iceland as I did Alaska, except I wore my boots to Iceland and packed them for Alaska(creating more room). So, unless you have a smaller bag, it’s considerably smaller, you must check the bag, which is stupid. 

Bottom line is, flying sucks. BUT, if you want to go somewhere and don’t feel like driving, take a train or a boat, what are you going to do?

Jesus you guys are sensitive.  This is the USA- we're a melting pot of all different cultures, sizes, shapes and smells.  You get into a flying walmart every once in a while and you're shocked that the fat guy on your right smells and has open sores on his arms and the transitioning Mexican on your left is eat bean burritos and watching soap operas.  

7 hours ago, Brother Brian said:

Me as well.

Nashville was Eastern Airlines.

I also traveled extensively in the pre 911 days.  Lots on times, checking in at a gate, see an empty flight, go up to the agent and flash my OG Delta card, and just ask real nice for a first class seat.  Done.

9 hours ago, makorider said:

How is them paying more going to help me when I'm stuck next to them the whole flight?  I should get a piece of their premium knocked off my fair

How about if you have a giant on either side of you you can't even move you should got your ticket for free. some of these people are getting that fat that it's a safety hazard for the rest of us like the big fellow sitting 3/4 in the aisle How are you getting by him ? Think emergency situations and your behind him

1 hour ago, Kanine Kleenup said:

I absolutely HATE the person 2 rows back who get up as soon as the plane stops, and then stands in the aisle next to me with their ass at my face level for 10 minutes until Everyone starts de boarding. Get the F out of my space! Pisses me off. 

Yes to get into the overhead compartment. If you needed that don’t put it in the overhead compartment.

I usually get an exit row isle on Delta.  My worst peeve is people boarding and having their back pack or other bag hanging to their side.  They wonder why I get pissed when it hits me in the head and I push the bag back at them.  Worst was a flight back to Boston from Amsterdam.  Just after take off I can smell a stench coming from behind me.  Some woman and a baby had the worst acidic stench I ever experienced.  The attendants were nice and there wasn't much they could do.  Brought eight of those coffee packs over when the woman hit the head and stashed under my seat and the one the woman was sitting in.  Helped a little, but that was one long trip.

Cabo