Gwiz

Tie fast tool

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I picked up one of these a while back. I love it. Was tying some leaders last night. What a joy. It really shines when using heavy line. 

7 hours ago, Gwiz said:

I picked up one of these a while back. I love it. Was tying some leaders last night. What a joy. It really shines when using heavy line. 

Couldn't agree more. 

16 hours ago, Gwiz said:

Can i ask what knot or knots?

Old eyes are a challenge.

I'm good with improved clinch knot but others eh.

I have one and it works well tying nail knots and nail knot type knots.

I used it for tying leaders with 50# mono and had no issues. It creates a nice looking knot which holds well. On the negative side, I can tie a palomar knot faster and without the use of a tool. The palomar knot seems stronger than the nail knot and harder to break (unscientific testing I did when breaking off jigs hung up on rocks). There are videos on the internet which detail the techniques for tying a variety of knots with this tool.

The majority of knots we all use if tied correctly are all a 95 percent knots . When tying to braid snaps or swivels  almost all of the same knots can be used , except you need to make more turns before pulling it tight. Wet and slow is the way to go for the maintaining the best breaking test with the knot you use.

12 hours ago, Southcoastphil said:

This?

tie fast.jpg

That looks like something I could drop down the rocks at 1am never to be seen again. :laugh:

It is small ,but no need to bring it out.  Tie extra leaders and bring a few extra. I use palomar and trilene knots also ,but when tying leaders of mono or floro 30# or more this tool shines. I get much better knots. Never had one break on me. If I get hung up knot breaks at the swivel.