shark lobster

DT casting event 5/19

Rate this topic

58 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, shark lobster said:

Hey none of this work stuff fish are going to be here in May !

True that. You never know. Perhaps I’ll be down there fishing that morning. 

Too late, I agree, Chuck.

Perhaps we could avoid this in the future by floating a DT events calendar months in advance?  

We typically have:

-Breakfasts late in the months of Jan, Feb and Mar.  (Usually at Leo's, but I have to say that I preferred the U-shaped table layout at The Narrows Restaurant in Wareham.)

-Casting event in mid-April (ball field in Falmouth, which strikes me as a perfect location)

-Summer get-together/cookout in July (it's been at Scusset in the past, but I'd love to hear ideas about alternate locations)

I'll suggest a couple of additional events:

-Fall get-together in Sept.  Location?

-Holiday event in December (could be a dinner or even a breakfast)

I'm tossing this out for your collective feedback, so please share your thoughts.

Best to all,

P

5 hours ago, Southcoastphil said:

Too late, I agree, Chuck.

Perhaps we could avoid this in the future by floating a DT events calendar months in advance?  

We typically have:

-Breakfasts late in the months of Jan, Feb and Mar.  (Usually at Leo's, but I have to say that I preferred the U-shaped table layout at The Narrows Restaurant in Wareham.)

-Casting event in mid-April (ball field in Falmouth, which strikes me as a perfect location)

-Summer get-together/cookout in July (it's been at Scusset in the past, but I'd love to hear ideas about alternate locations)

I'll suggest a couple of additional events:

-Fall get-together in Sept.  Location?

-Holiday event in December (could be a dinner or even a breakfast)

I'm tossing this out for your collective feedback, so please share your thoughts.

Best to all,

P

Not sure what everyone's schedule typically looks like, but maybe holidays? I tend to not do as much fishing on the holidays just because the crowds tend to be a bit worse than the usual.

Breakfasts during the season I'd be up for, early morning tide then a brunch 9/10 am before heading back home.

Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr are tough for me since I tend to just curl up in a ball for the winter but keep me updated what all of you guys are planning. Maybe a meetup at some of the fishing shows prior to the start of the season if any of you typically head to them.

1 min ago, gulino12 said:

Is this event open to "prospective" ditch trolls? Already plan to fish that morning anyways

IF it were to occur (which appears unlikely) the answer is a resounding YES!

This is a very friendly and helpful bunch (sometimes referred to as "misfits", "Characters" and "Scoundels" by our own members!) so all anglers are welcome.

Maybe we should have a thread, in this forum.   ( who's going /  with the Troll's )

Everyone going to the canal, just say I'm going.  this way we can meet other troll's. 

that way you will have an idea of who may be there. 

On 4/16/2019 at 0:19 PM, Southcoastphil said:

IF it were to occur (which appears unlikely) the answer is a resounding YES!

This is a very friendly and helpful bunch (sometimes referred to as "misfits", "Characters" and "Scoundels" by our own members!) so all anglers are welcome.

Noted, well i'm be at my old spots that morning so assume to see some of you