kw870

What 1? Penn slammer 3 or spinfisher vi bailless

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I would go with the slammer 3 due to the seals and power handle however I do like the manual pickup on the spinfisher vi but it's just how you prefer your reel type.

I have not fished the Spinfisher VI but I can say that I love my Slammer III 4500.  Great little reel that has stood up to abuse on the rocks, open sand beaches and the back.  I have had no issues with the bail-it has performed perfectly for me.

Yea I can agree that the slammer 3 is great for it's size class and I have abused to the surf to the jetty's and other things and I have caught many albies and schoolie stripers on it.

Slammer III has better drag and seals, a little heavier and more $$$. If It came bail less I would have went for it. I went with the Spinfisher VI bail less. I stay on the beach, too old for the rocks. 

Edited by Lou G

3 hours ago, kw870 said:

Thanks guys,  looks like slammer it is.  What are you guys running for line? I'm thinking 20# j braid 8 strain or may be 30

20 to 30 should be good. I use PP 

The slammer and New VI minus the long cast and live liner have the same exact sealing as per Tackle Advisors/Scoobys video. The difference is bronze gear vs Aluminium, aluminum rotor vs graphite, titanium shaft vs SS, handle, and dura drag vs HT100. So sealing/size being the same it’s up to you if the beefed up internals are worth the extra $$. To me yes, unless you want the bailess 4500.

7 hours ago, kw870 said:

Thanks guys,  looks like slammer it is.  What are you guys running for line? I'm thinking 20# j braid 8 strain or may be 30

I have the multicolor 20lb J Braid on mine. Again-no issues whatsoever. 

8 hours ago, outfished1957 said:

I love the 8 x J Braid in 20 or 30 on the Slammer 4500. Both work great.

I run the 4x 20lb on the slammer 4500 and 30lb power pro on the 4500 Bailess     Both work good both nice Reels. The slammer is surely beefier but the 4500bls feels much nicer than the old ssv’s

Another one for the slammer 4500.  I usually pair mine with a 9 foot 6 century slingshot SS1145 and it's sweet and lightweight.  Spool it with 30 lb PP SS V2 and couldn't be happier.  Will say that I have only fished the super slick a handful of times so far