xfrodobagginsx

How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Rate this topic

2,123 posts in this topic

10 mins ago, xfrodobagginsx said:

I am not afraid of a bit of opposition.  

I'm not suggesting you are, just surprised to see you posting in there. You rarely venture outside of this thread.

On 8/7/2022 at 7:56 PM, xfrodobagginsx said:

The Catholic Bible includes the Apochryphical books, but even the Catholics will admit that they are not inspired books.  The Council of Nicea did not "Choose" which books to sanction in the Bible, it confirmed the inspired books of the Bible that were already known to be inspired.  It was NEVER edited, that is a lie.  

The Bible has NEVER been changed.  The Dead Sea Scrolls affirm the preservation of Scripture.  You have been lied to.  

I tell you that you're correct and you tell me I've been lied to. :dismay:

On 8/7/2022 at 9:04 PM, xfrodobagginsx said:

I am not afraid of a bit of opposition.  

OK, then let's get down to brass tacks. First are you an independent Christian or do you have some affiliation with an organized brand of Christianity?

On 8/11/2022 at 10:21 AM, Brother Brian said:

OK, then let's get down to brass tacks. First are you an independent Christian or do you have some affiliation with an organized brand of Christianity?

My beliefs are based on the Bible, but I would at least partially fall into a few categories Theologically.  

On 8/17/2022 at 10:30 PM, xfrodobagginsx said:

My beliefs are based on the Bible, but I would at least partially fall into a few categories Theologically.  

Here's my problem with all but a few sects of Christianity; By and large Christianity has skipped over the inconvenient Christ. Specifically, several portions of the sermon on the mount have simply been ignored. Christ is VERY specific and clear as it pertains to wealth and violence and condemnation of the old testament. But for almost two thousand years Christianity has simply ignored this entirely and humanity has suffered as a result. It is a lie by omission and lies are the truest measure of evil. 

On 8/19/2022 at 0:24 AM, Brother Brian said:

Here's my problem with all but a few sects of Christianity; By and large Christianity has skipped over the inconvenient Christ. Specifically, several portions of the sermon on the mount have simply been ignored. Christ is VERY specific and clear as it pertains to wealth and violence and condemnation of the old testament. But for almost two thousand years Christianity has simply ignored this entirely and humanity has suffered as a result. It is a lie by omission and lies are the truest measure of evil. 

What is the "Inconvenient Christ" to you?  Are you saying that Christians aren't allowed to be wealthy or protect themselves?  More Christians don't "Ignore" the OT, if anything, they put too much emphasis on it.  Yes it's God's Word, but much of it is written to Jews were under the Law.  What is a lie by omission?  Not putting myself under the law that Paul says we are no longer under?  Not sure what you mean. 

29 mins ago, xfrodobagginsx said:

What is the "Inconvenient Christ" to you? 

To a great deal of prior and current humanity Christ's VERY clear admonition regarding violence is inconvenient.  

Are you saying that Christians aren't allowed to be wealthy or protect themselves? 

I'm saying that is literally what Christ says...

More Christians don't "Ignore" the OT, if anything, they put too much emphasis on it.  Yes it's God's Word, but much of it is written to Jews were under the Law. 

Again Christ specifically says don't give the OT credence .

What is a lie by omission? 

A lie by omission in this case means; If you simply don't mention the words of Christ then you can imply that God is OK with your actions or behavior.

Not putting myself under the law that Paul says we are no longer under?  Not sure what you mean. 

What I mean is that the world that we inhabit now is the result of picking and choosing what teachings of Christ to follow. The end result being that what the Christian world advocates is not Christianity but instead is "Satan-Lite".

The problem with most religious sects of Christianity is these pulpits either add or take away from scripture. Twist or omit scripture to fit an ideology. Basically, did Jesus reeeeally mean what he said? Satan in Genesis 3 was asking eve the same thing to deceive her. 

The OT and NT completely harmonize and none is to be ignored. Bible believing Christians know this and don’t subscribe to this or that organization or religion. We are followers of Christ. If a pastor teaches contrary to the Bible then the pastor is wrong. Not the word of God. There are 3 ways to ensure you are accurately interpreting scripture. Context, Context, and Context.  

This is the real reason people reject Jesus as said by Christ himself- 

“And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.”

‭‭John‬ ‭3:19‬ ‭

Note this also. Any nation that forgets and turns away from God is ripe for judgement. Romans 1:18-32  gives a perfect picture of what our society looks like today. This is just the beginning of what is coming.

On 8/28/2022 at 9:26 AM, Chemikillz said:

The problem with most religious sects of Christianity is these pulpits either add or take away from scripture. Twist or omit scripture to fit an ideology. Basically, did Jesus reeeeally mean what he said? Satan in Genesis 3 was asking eve the same thing to deceive her. 

The OT and NT completely harmonize and none is to be ignored. Bible believing Christians know this and don’t subscribe to this or that organization or religion. We are followers of Christ. If a pastor teaches contrary to the Bible then the pastor is wrong. Not the word of God. There are 3 ways to ensure you are accurately interpreting scripture. Context, Context, and Context.  

This is the real reason people reject Jesus as said by Christ himself- 

“And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.”

‭‭John‬ ‭3:19‬ ‭

Note this also. Any nation that forgets and turns away from God is ripe for judgement. Romans 1:18-32  gives a perfect picture of what our society looks like today. This is just the beginning of what is coming.

I agree.   I don't follow the Church, I follow Christ and His Word.  I agree with everything you said.  I am glad you decided to chime  in. 

If you look around the world today, it is clear that Jesus is coming soon. It's time to get your life right with Him.  Read this first post if you haven't yet.  

On 8/21/2022 at 1:22 PM, Brother Brian said:

To a great deal of prior and current humanity Christ's VERY clear admonition regarding violence is inconvenient.  

I'm saying that is literally what Christ says...

Again Christ specifically says don't give the OT credence .

A lie by omission in this case means; If you simply don't mention the words of Christ then you can imply that God is OK with your actions or behavior.

What I mean is that the world that we inhabit now is the result of picking and choosing what teachings of Christ to follow. The end result being that what the Christian world advocates is not Christianity but instead is "Satan-Lite".

1) Are you claiming that Jesus didn't allow us to defend ourselves? 

2) What did Christ say to make you believe that?

3)Christ didn't say not to give credence to the OT.  Paul said that we are no longer under the Law, but Jesus Christ gave Paul's Message to him.  

4) Which behavior are you referring to?  

5)  I believe that Jesus's Ministry was to the JEWS under the LAW.  Pau's Ministry was given to him by Jesus and it was to the Gentiles under GRACE.