Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew C.

Leer 100XQ-Tundra

16 posts in this topic

The cap is on. Pretty happy with it. The first pic is when I bought the truck, the next - deflagged/detagged(on the beach on Block). After that with the chrome delete bumper covers, then with the cap. I have a painted grille and hood bulge that is hopefully here in another week. Still debating a leveling kit and tire/wheel upgrade.

IMG_3948.jpg

DSCN2066.jpg

IMG_5742.jpeg

IMG_5750.jpeg

IMG_5751.jpeg

IMG_5753.jpeg

IMG_5752.jpeg

IMG_5755.jpeg

IMG_5754.jpeg

10 hours ago, bospa357 said:

Very nice Drew. :clap: They make a color matched front grill and the hood piece as well. That would complete the look.

Those parts are arriving today or tomorrow. 

Cap Looks great Drew. Looks like the Tundra Springs are holding it as well. Unlike the Tacoma.

8 mins ago, The Riddler said:

Cap Looks great Drew. Looks like the Tundra Springs are holding it as well. Unlike the Tacoma.

Thanks. I would the truck is now level with the cap on. I lost a little in the rear but not much. 

Your cap may weigh 200lbs. It just amazing the springs will let it go down, even a little.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'm not having the best of luck with this vehicle. First, the cap screw up. Not a huge deal but still a pain in the ass. Cost me a few extra weeks.

Today, the painted grille and bulge arrived. The grille is damaged and more annoyingly it appears to have been sent that way. The shipping box was fine. I have several emails and calls in with the supplier.

A pic with the bulge. The truck looks kind of stoopid with just the bulge but I'm not taking it back off at this point.

0.jpg

0-1.jpg

Edited by Drew C.

Heard back from the supplier, they're sending a shipping label, I need to send it back and they will swap out the grille insert. That will probably take 2 weeks I'm guessing.

15 hours ago, Drew C. said:

Heard back from the supplier, they're sending a shipping label, I need to send it back and they will swap out the grille insert. That will probably take 2 weeks I'm guessing.

They couldn't just have you send that one and send you a new complete unit to replace it? 

Just now, bospa357 said:

They couldn't just have you send that one and send you a new complete unit to replace it? 

It's painted, they would have to repaint an entire new one which I guess is expensive and takes a few weeks. In theory, this s/b quicker. I am under the impression that changing the insert alone is a little tricky. Hopefully, this doesn't end up in a mess.

I almost missed the damage. I looked at it when I unwrapped it and didn't see the crack. I had taken everything off and was putting it on and I noticed it.