US population dropping?

Rate this topic

HopHead

Funny, last I looked it was going up every year to somewhere around 400-500 million in 30 years or so. Evidently, the population of white americans is aging and not having enough kids.  Douchebags say it's time to open the floodgates to every third world ****hole to compensate.  Here's the catch:  for an economy to "grow" so does the population so basically we're ****ed.  White folks just don't procreate enough anymore.....too busy working I guess.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/09/upshot/trump-america-full-or-emptying.html

President Trump has adopted a blunt new message in recent days for migrants seeking refuge in the United States: “Our country is full.”

To the degree the president is addressing something broader than the recent strains on the asylum-seeking process, the line suggests the nation can’t accommodate higher immigration levels because it is already bursting at the seams. But it runs counter to the consensus among demographers and economists.

They see ample evidence of a country that is not remotely “full” — but one where an aging population and declining birthrates among the native-born population are creating underpopulated cities and towns, vacant housing and troubled public finances.

Local officials in many of those places view a shrinking population and work force as an existential problem with few obvious solutions.

“I believe our biggest threat is our declining labor force,” said Gov. Phil Scott of Vermont, a Republican, in his annual budget address this year. “It’s the root of every problem we face.

“This makes it incredibly difficult for businesses to recruit new employees and expand, harder for communities to grow and leaves fewer of us to cover the cost of state government.” 

Or if you look at a city like Detroit, “many of the city’s problems would become less difficult if its population would start growing,” said Edward Glaeser, a Harvard economist. “All sorts of things like the hangover pension liability become much more solvable if you’re actually looking at new people coming in.”

The article is much longer.....

Diversity makes us stronger!

"White" populations and birthrates are declining worldwide; Europe, North America, the only possible exception is Australia/NZ. Japan, one of the least racially diverse societies on earth, is declining even faster; China and Korea are declining, as is Taiwan.  

As the religious imperative to have children declines, as women are increasingly free to make the choice not to have children, it's only the third world that still produces bumper crop of young adults.  Speculating further will get this moved to PG, so I stop here.

Complain about lack of water, lack of food, lack of clean air, dirty oceans/lakes/rivers and then complain that we need more people because Detroit is a hellhole.  It was a hellhole when people lived there as well.  Our labor force isn't declining, the lack of people with those skills are declining.  We still have 325 million people in the USA.  We are over-retailed right now, all of those people working in retail should and could be working in other industries that actually have a growing future.  

If the devil can't beat you down, he'll try and wear you down.  

Not only are whites not procreating but they are dieing younger. For the first time in 100 years, the average life expectancy in whites is on the decline. It's believed the main reason is stress. 

Generations following the boomers are also a problem. They don't have kids until they're "ready" and it's getting to the point, that it's too late. Most of my friends and family my age have/had a very hard time conceiving. People are not meant to start having kids at 40. Millennials also claim they are the most stressed generation. These half wits will only continue to add to the decline. 

I'm beginning to feel bad for having my kid, hes got to put up with the riff raff and what's left of the country...

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

8 mins ago, Scallywag said:

Generations following the boomers are also a problem. They don't have kids until they're "ready" 

Amazing how that works. You make sure you can afford to care for the kids you bring into the world.  Obviously not a consideration for non-whites.  In my heart of hearts I know this country will be tan in 100 years and there's nothing we can do to stop it.  It is what it is.

Diversity makes us stronger!

Just now, HopHead said:

Amazing how that works. You make sure you can afford to care for the kids you bring into the world.  Obviously not a consideration for non-whites.  In my heart of hearts I know this country will be tan in 100 years and there's nothing we can do to stop it.  It is what it is.

Thank God I'll be dead , hanging with J C , drinking the free bubble up and eating the rain bow stew....

A part of me wants to be alive if the rapture happens so I can watch these doosh bags get waxed lol

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

13 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

I'm beginning to feel bad for having my kid, hes got to put up with the riff raff and what's left of the country...

Is it too late to abort?

I love when we make way past the breakwater at first light and head out, there's nothing better, the whole rest of the world just melts away for me.

(*edited - member formerly known as 'windknot')