Angler #1

OLd wired Large Crab Traps

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

On 4/9/2019 at 1:33 PM, nellytrader said:

I don't think i have enough posts yet to message you directly.  If you message me your number i can call you

Did you get my posts

1 hour ago, pogie_boy said:

I'll take one of those plastic drums Carl!   

I wouldn't be able to get it before Sunday or even early next week if they're still around.

Pogie , you have one . Understand that the hole has been cut in the middle to except a five gallon insert with a cover. The barrel will need to be layed down the long way .

As of now the crab traps are Nellies.

Pogy boy has one of the live wells [55 gallon barrel] Basturds has the other one. If they are still around on Monday then they will go to the next in line [PHil]

Posted (edited) · Report post

Nelly when using bait such as chicken legs or old fish I recommend using a lobster bait bag and securing the bag at the top and simply throwing into the far end of the trap Get a few cans of cat or dog food puncture a few holes in the can and place that in the trap as well. Some canned foods work better then other brands. experiment with brands you can get at the discount places Or use a rack after you fillet the fish

Edited by Angler #1

On 4/13/2019 at 0:56 PM, Angler #1 said:

Nelly when using bait such as chicken legs or old fish I recommend using a lobster bait bag and securing the bag at the top and simply throwing into the far end of the trap Get a few cans of cat or dog food puncture a few holes in the can and place that in the trap as well. Some canned foods work better then other brands. experiment with brands you can get at the discount places Or use a rack after you fillet the fish

Thanks again Carl!  Appreciate the tips