ACFishing

Crabbing

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

BLUE CRABS Harvest, sale, and consumption of crabs from the Newark Bay Complex are prohibited. The Newark Bay Complex includes Newark Bay, Passaic River (up to Dundee Dam), Hackensack River (up to Oradell Dam), Arthur Kill, Kill Van Kull, and tidal portions of all tributaries. Taking of females with eggs attached or from which eggs have been removed is prohibited. Gear Closed Season Crab Pot/Trot Line Delaware Bay and its tributaries – December 5 - April 5; all other waters – December 1 - March 14 Crab Dredge Delaware Bay – April16 – November 14; all other waters – April 1 - November 30. Sunday dredging allowed only north of Rt. 36, in the Atlantic Ocean, and Delaware Bay BLUEF

52 mins ago, Tomm24 said:

BLUE CRABS Harvest, sale, and consumption of crabs from the Newark Bay Complex are prohibited. The Newark Bay Complex includes Newark Bay, Passaic River (up to Dundee Dam), Hackensack River (up to Oradell Dam), Arthur Kill, Kill Van Kull, and tidal portions of all tributaries. Taking of females with eggs attached or from which eggs have been removed is prohibited. Gear Closed Season Crab Pot/Trot Line Delaware Bay and its tributaries – December 5 - April 5; all other waters – December 1 - March 14 Crab Dredge Delaware Bay – April16 – November 14; all other waters – April 1 - November 30. Sunday dredging allowed only north of Rt. 36, in the Atlantic Ocean, and Delaware Bay BLUEF

I just want to know the start of the recreational blue crabbing season in NJ preferably red bank area

1 hour ago, coolhandfluke said:

well I have seen 3 different places in the last two weeks with live crabs for sale

I have seen them too but im not sure how commercial blue crabbing works.

5 mins ago, ACFishing said:

I just want to know the start of the recreational blue crabbing season in NJ preferably red bank area

you mean you weren't planning on getting into the commercial game?

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 mins ago, ACFishing said:

Closed December 1 to March 14 so open now. I've seen plenty of pots in the barnegat bay.

Edited by Tomm24

37 mins ago, Tomm24 said:

Closed December 1 to March 14 so open now. I've seen plenty of pots in the barnegat bay.

up until them most of them are buried anyway.