ACFishing

Crabbing

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

BLUE CRABS Harvest, sale, and consumption of crabs from the Newark Bay Complex are prohibited. The Newark Bay Complex includes Newark Bay, Passaic River (up to Dundee Dam), Hackensack River (up to Oradell Dam), Arthur Kill, Kill Van Kull, and tidal portions of all tributaries. Taking of females with eggs attached or from which eggs have been removed is prohibited. Gear Closed Season Crab Pot/Trot Line Delaware Bay and its tributaries – December 5 - April 5; all other waters – December 1 - March 14 Crab Dredge Delaware Bay – April16 – November 14; all other waters – April 1 - November 30. Sunday dredging allowed only north of Rt. 36, in the Atlantic Ocean, and Delaware Bay BLUEF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 mins ago, Tomm24 said:

BLUE CRABS Harvest, sale, and consumption of crabs from the Newark Bay Complex are prohibited. The Newark Bay Complex includes Newark Bay, Passaic River (up to Dundee Dam), Hackensack River (up to Oradell Dam), Arthur Kill, Kill Van Kull, and tidal portions of all tributaries. Taking of females with eggs attached or from which eggs have been removed is prohibited. Gear Closed Season Crab Pot/Trot Line Delaware Bay and its tributaries – December 5 - April 5; all other waters – December 1 - March 14 Crab Dredge Delaware Bay – April16 – November 14; all other waters – April 1 - November 30. Sunday dredging allowed only north of Rt. 36, in the Atlantic Ocean, and Delaware Bay BLUEF

I just want to know the start of the recreational blue crabbing season in NJ preferably red bank area

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coolhandfluke said:

well I have seen 3 different places in the last two weeks with live crabs for sale

I have seen them too but im not sure how commercial blue crabbing works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, ACFishing said:

I just want to know the start of the recreational blue crabbing season in NJ preferably red bank area

you mean you weren't planning on getting into the commercial game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 mins ago, ACFishing said:

I just want to know the start of the recreational blue crabbing season in NJ preferably red bank area

Closed December 1 to March 14 so open now. I've seen plenty of pots in the barnegat bay.

Edited by Tomm24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 mins ago, Tomm24 said:

Closed December 1 to March 14 so open now. I've seen plenty of pots in the barnegat bay.

up until them most of them are buried anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.