Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I went down to RI's south shore chasing holdovers in one of my brackish rivers and found a nice school of holdovers all in the 15-19" range but fun all the less, considering we were out there 40 minutes. Anyone else having luck here in Mass? Are the rising herring populations going to attract more early season fish? Just a thread to talk early season fishing, tight lines!

I was out for a few hours yesterday, got a small largemouth upriver but the closer I got to the Boston harbor the less life I saw. No bait, no birds, water felt colder than I expected. 

I started fishing Friday afternoon for them in my area and found them cooperative all weekend. Even got some on topwater yesterday with the nice weather. Getting  better by the day.

On 4/15/2019 at 5:54 AM, Chris76 said:

I started fishing Friday afternoon for them in my area and found them cooperative all weekend. Even got some on topwater yesterday with the nice weather. Getting  better by the day.

Nice! I got some topwater action as well, in a different way, the bass were feeding so actively they came up and followed our lures almost all the way to our feet, swirling on our lures and such, it was pretty cool