DeepCastMike

Suggestions for Surf Rods?? What do you use?

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

For plugging I used 8-9' rods with 4000 size reels. My fav is  a 9' St. Croix with a 4000 Penn Clash. I use the smaller rods in the bays. I'm vehicle limited so I shy away from the long rods (that's what she said). 

For bat+wait I use 9' ugly stiks with 5000 size reels. I'm currently torture testing a Kastking Sharky 3 with the baitfeeder/live liner option and it has held up ok so far. You can tell it's cheap.

I've been thinking about that. Even a knot as low profile as the bimini does provide friction and reduces casting distance when I am trying to hit sandbars or the outflow of cuts. 

21 hours ago, Slowwwride said:

For plugging I used 8-9' rods with 4000 size reels. My fav is  a 9' St. Croix with a 4000 Penn Clash. I use the smaller rods in the bays. I'm vehicle limited so I shy away from the long rods (that's what she said). 

For bat+wait I use 9' ugly stiks with 5000 size reels. I'm currently torture testing a Kastking Sharky 3 with the baitfeeder/live liner option and it has held up ok so far. You can tell it's cheap.

I've never used a kastking rod, but i have used their braid and for the price it's hella good. I don't have enough experience with different braids to give yall a good comparison, but it definitely is some good line!