Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coolhandfluke

went togging saturday and came home with two nice stripers

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

out of belmawr.   the tog chewed a little on the early drops. got 1 just legal. some other decent around the boat. that died and as we moved ran into the striped ones. a bunch cam over the rails then it died. went back to tog and mostly shorts were caught. moved again and the stripers once again came over the rails.had a blast.

are the stripers passing south jersey too far out ?  the boat I was on last Saturday is togging every day and they are hitting lots of big stripers again this week.

This is a real confusing post...I’m gonna assume you mean Belmar and not Bellmawr. How far out were you togging? Striped bass is closed beyond 3 miles, it’s illegal to keep or target stripers that far out

correct Belmar.   theres no ocean off of Bellmawr.     I don't carry a gps but once he saw the bird play he ran towards land. I cant imagine the popular boat I was on would have allowed stripers all around if outside the 3 mile limit.   you can search out the reports posted on his site each day and see the pics.    

reason I am asking is we have heard nothing in south jersey and yet bigguns are being caught where those boats run out of.  maybe they are residents from up there but with the shear size of the schools we saw, I hardly doubt it.     

I know in the fall here in south jersey we realy didn't see many stripers caught again, but if you went to the 5-10 miles out area, tons of bunker pods and schools of stripers chasing them. maybe that is there norm now after sandy pushed them off shore that year ?  

There are some real monsters out past the 3 mile marker, that's where the bulk of stripers have been the last few years (last decade?) The bite off land is nothing like it used to be before all the beach replenishments. If your chasing stripers in South Jersey you need a boat to get consistent action. Working the beach is a fruitless labor of love.