shark lobster

Cameras on bourne and sag bridges

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

News saying that this been going on for three yrs they track your plate info on and off the cape ! Big brother is watching! This is run by the state police

Edited by shark lobster

Chuck,

I know the news says 3 years, but I seem to recall those cams being up closer to 5 years. Almost appeared out of nowhere. They were there prior to DD opening the store by the bridge. I asked everyone I knew about them, and got the standard "nobody knows" reply. Nothing to see here folks, just move along. :wave:

The reason the SP says to track plates of people with warrents and wants ! But at the same time we all go in a data base .I know they have them evrywere i just thought it funny how they did it without telling anyone !im sure it is the beginning of some type of toll system !

Edited by shark lobster

6 mins ago, shark lobster said:

………..!im sure it is the beginning of some type of toll system !

If so, MA must first figure out the legal hurdle of charging drivers to cross bridges owned by the Federal Government.

When you get that toll bill remember its effective January 1, 2020 but retroactive to January 1, 2015.  Another reason to use the tunnel.

Edited by mackerel hunter

1 hour ago, Joe G said:

If so, MA must first figure out the legal hurdle of charging drivers to cross bridges owned by the Federal Government.

Me thinks the Feds would love to get a piece of this action,the Wall must be built,you know.

I first saw those several years ago during the winter. Commented about them to my wife. Given they were on both sides I thought they might be to monitor ice and weather conditions on the bridge. But when I began asking around and got the Mickey the Dunce replies, I figured it out. 

1 hour ago, Joe G said:

That should tie it up in the courts for at least a decade. :shaky:

2 hours ago, Joe G said:

No toll on the bridges, jut a toll on the state roads leading to and away from the bridges.

35 mins ago, MakoMike said:

No toll on the bridges, jut a toll on the state roads leading to and away from the bridges.

Yep.  

You alway wear dark glasses , maybe take them off?

shave? 

Edited by ccb

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

I'm going to wear dark glasses from now on when I go over the bridge. That way no one will recognize me.

Just lean out the window and flip em da bird...…………………….