Bow390

3 days before or after moons

Rate this topic

63 posts in this topic

Every spots different. But no matter where i go on the striper coast I’m always excited about the day or two before a big moon tide. Especially a pissin rain full moon

A lot of places depend on that hard current to hold

fish. But there’s always a place for a set of conditions. Also, the second you think you’ve got a pattern dialed in... some minute variable ****s it up...... just go when you can.

On 4/8/2019 at 7:24 AM, pakalolo said:

during the early spring it seems as if bait shows up on the full /new moon and the bass or weaks are right with it, good push of fish that move on within the week following.

Coming to a theater near you..........sooooon.

I wasn't saying any specific time was the only time to catch Stripers. Just asking for eveyones history and good stories.

"Sometimes" you can predict the best fish bite either two or three days before/after new/full moon.  But whenever you have the change just to go wet your line, will you still care about the moon phase?:rav:

All Good, go whenever you can. But me thinks there are certain days that are better than others. What the hell do i know!!

I only fish from 3 hours before a tide change to 3 hours after a tide change.  Anything other than that feels like freshwater fishing.

Bout dat dirty moon

doe. Lighting around a moon is just as important as the current to me

in some spots. If there’s artificial light  in a normally pitch black

aread around new

moons. I’ll bail early if it’s not lock

amd load. If there’s no cloud cover around a full moon I won’t even leave the house. 90% of its confidence. Whatever conditions you genuinely believe are gonna increase your chances, are the ones that are gonna make you stick it out and really put effort in

4 hours ago, Hass said:

Bout dat dirty moon

doe. Lighting around a moon is just as important as the current to me

in some spots. If there’s artificial light  in a normally pitch black

aread around new

moons. I’ll bail early if it’s not lock

amd load. If there’s no cloud cover around a full moon I won’t even leave the house. 90% of its confidence. Whatever conditions you genuinely believe are gonna increase your chances, are the ones that are gonna make you stick it out and really put effort in

In 40 plus years of surf fishing I've yet to find a spot or spots that are consistently good producers on a bright full moon night especially after a cold front moves through. I stay home on these nights too. 

1 hour ago, VanStaalSteve said:

In 40 plus years of surf fishing I've yet to find a spot or spots that are consistently good producers on a bright full moon night especially after a cold front moves through. I stay home on these nights too. 

While I was never a fan of bright full moon nights myself I've had too many "accidental" catches over the years to justify not fishing during these conditions. I found the best way to increase my odds under those circumstances was to concentrate more time before dark and after daybreak. The only way to truly have consistent results is not to go.

last year on the June full moon I picked up a 54# bass in Boston Harbor in the kayak.  I've caught quite a few jumbos on the full.  I would agree that the new moon typically produces better, but the big fish love those big tides.  If I can fish, I'll fish!