onthefly

muskie today

17 posts in this topic

caught this one today on bucks county stream first one when actually targeting them 38 inch from snout to fork in tail probably 42 if you measure from tail tip caught on custom painted black over yellow chartreuse orange belly 5 1/4 mega bass clone I painted

IMG956208.jpg

IMG953617.jpg

Thats awesome!

I am pretty sure I recognize that spot (the roots/tree in last pic).   Isnt that a trout stocking area?  If its where i think it is, they are getting some tastey trout snacks!

Posted (edited) · Report post

17 hours ago, 55555s said:

Thats awesome!

I am pretty sure I recognize that spot (the roots/tree in last pic).   Isnt that a trout stocking area?  If its where i think it is, they are getting some tastey trout snacks!

as far as I know trout are not stocked on that stretch of creek to many musky hanging around maybe down stream they stock there's only a few places in bucks they stock musky so investigating should be able to figure it out I almost caught another yesterday at a completely different location in bucks on a different body of water he followed but didn't hit

Edited by onthefly

OK it must be a different place then. 

It looked like the bank across from the island area south of the bridge in Tyler park, a known trout spot (super heavily fished to death, I'll add) and I have never gotten a whiff of any pike-like critter there.  

Great catch, nice fish!

2 hours ago, 55555s said:

OK it must be a different place then. 

It looked like the bank across from the island area south of the bridge in Tyler park, a known trout spot (super heavily fished to death, I'll add) and I have never gotten a whiff of any pike-like critter there.  

Great catch, nice fish!

no I think that's to far up the Neshaminy but I do plan on investigating the tidal part in the next month if I can get my jon boat together when I was much younger parents kept a boat near there and we would see monsters now and then found a dead 54 inch with about 8 lb cat stuck in his mouth under our dock maybe there some big ones still around 

I need to stop chasing Shad and looking for these. Nice catch! 

They are tough to catch in the Delaware unless you have a boat.