Current state of the art

Rate this topic

Once upon a time, it was the norm that Apple's desktops were preferable for photographers, rather then Windows PCs. The latter were cheaper to buy, but needed the addition of various bits and pieces that you got up front with Apple.

Does the distinction matter any more?  Most apps seem available for either platform. 

Speed.... Mac collects and processes faster inherently by design. It snatched 128 bits at a time as apposed to windows 1 but at a time . 

Mac is more suited for graphic arts/video/ digital imagery but both work we enough most of the time for the majority of needs and wants

Thank you.  I note that the reviews of the latest iMac are struck by its' speed and display. 

More time spent with friends with different interests is stimulating my interest in hobbies I'd largely dropped in the past. Ruger Precision .22 or an Olympus camera?  A scope for the SMLE III or Lightroom?  

I haven’t bought anything for photography in a couple years or more .... last thing was a 105mm landscape polarizing lens for my lee filter box ... haven’t bought a camera since my Stellar.... I don’t shoot cameras much anymore since I no longer have to.