Light weight Trolling motor battery

1 hour ago, BillZ said:

Bionneo power BLF-1240AS would be 20 bucks cheaper & has 40 amp continuous & 80 amp for 5 seconds...... was looking at these b4 i found the valance u1-12rt's

They have cell balancing circuitry, etc but not sure if its as advanced as the valance's bms..

Curious;

why you looking for batteries, something wrong with yours?

No mine are fine. My friend is in the market 

6 hours ago, Striper46 said:

would these be a good replacement for the Valence we use? with the price sky rocketing for a used valence battery i was looking for a better solution then buying a used battery for $350.

Capture.PNG

WOW.... Valence are up to $350?

I bought mine for $110 a piece. If thats what they have gone up to, these guys would be my next choice. They are very active in a lot of kayak forums and everyone has nothing but praise for them. A 55ah or double 30ah would be a little cheaper too 

Annotation 2019-10-22 194536.jpg

6 hours ago, Striper46 said:

would these be a good replacement for the Valence we use? with the price sky rocketing for a used valence battery i was looking for a better solution then buying a used battery for $350.

Capture.PNG

I bought mine for $110 a piece. If thats what they have gone up to, these guys would be my next choice. They are very active in a lot of kayak forums and everyone has nothing but praise for them. A 55ah or double 30ah would be a little cheaper too 

I just installed a little tiny light weight pwm to go with my light weight battery. :rav: And its remote controlled too! It fits in a Home Depot electrical box, that I have mounted on top of my motor shaft, after I removed the factory head. It makes for a nice compact set up. Greatest thing since man canned beer. :howdy:

Are Youtube vids allowed here? I will post this thing in operation if so. 

20190926_114409.jpg

20191007_113241.jpg

10 hours ago, FunN4Lo said:

Annotation 2019-10-22 194536.jpg

cool i'll check them out.

On U1-12RT. Prices fluctuate, keep checking Ebay. Under $100 is a fair price, but I scored some @ $75 or so. If you have a connection to a hospital or can visit a recycling place - these get thrown out by 100s. Us saving these from dumping grounds is a service to the environment.

As for alternatives, there are 12V Lifepo4 60AH units, with charger thrown in, brand new, for $300. Ebay. These are blue units, do a search, cant miss them.

Ideal capacity, good for 99% outings. ~6Kg. 

I carry 2x40AH, for ~80AH total. Overkill most of the time, but a single 40AH is pushing it. I feel 60AH is the sweet spot ;)

2 of U1-12RT fit under the center hatch of PA14. Out of the way & sight , lower COG for better stability etc.

##############

High-capacity 12V60AH LiFePO4 battery parameters:

Continuous discharge current of 60A

Instant 80A

Capacity: 60Ah

Charging voltage: 14.5v

Rated voltage: 12v

Size: 27.5*16.5*7.5CM

Weight: 6.3kg
Edited by r111

58 mins ago, r111 said:

On U1-12RT. Prices fluctuate, keep checking Ebay. Under $100 is a fair price, but I scored some @ $75 or so. If you have a connection to a hospital or can visit a recycling place - these get thrown out by 100s. Us saving these from dumping grounds is a service to the environment.

As for alternatives, there are 12V Lifepo4 60AH units, with charger thrown in, brand new, for $300. Ebay. These are blue units, do a search, cant miss them.

Ideal capacity, good for 99% outings. ~6Kg. 

I carry 2x40AH, for ~80AH total. Overkill most of the time, but a single 40AH is pushing it. I feel 60AH is the sweet spot ;)

2 of U1-12RT fit under the center hatch of PA14. Out of the way & sight , lower COG for better stability etc.

##############

High-capacity 12V60AH LiFePO4 battery parameters:

Continuous discharge current of 60A

Instant 80A

Capacity: 60Ah

Charging voltage: 14.5v

Rated voltage: 12v

Size: 27.5*16.5*7.5CM

Weight: 6.3kg

I have looked at those blue batts. The 12awg wiring concerns me. Reviews on the batts are for gates and CPAP machines. Have you run one on a trolling motor? 

wth happened to the supply of used valence batteries.  i sold a minnkota recently to a local guy and recommended he check out the u1 12rt batteries, how awesome and light and cheap they are used, next day he asked me for a link to one and i checked out ebay and felt bad ever saying anything about them being cheap LOL

3 hours ago, r111 said:

No, no experience with this particular type. Seems to be  common bat for ebikes, when wired for 24V or 36V . 

If I didnt have my Valence unit, I'd be willing to try these

What makes you think the blue batts are common for ebikes... other than the (marketing) title for the listing? The batts are in no way, a form factor conducive to an ebike. Ebikes do not run 12v. They might run 36v but generally run in the 48-56ish volt range. So no way someone is putting 3-4 of those on a bike. 

The reviews are for gate openers and CPAP machines, not ebikes. The batts have 12awg leads.

Nothing screams trolling motor to me. The blue batts are screaming.... NOT trolling motor 

16 hours ago, FunN4Lo said:

I just installed a little tiny light weight pwm to go with my light weight battery. :rav: And its remote controlled too! It fits in a Home Depot electrical box, that I have mounted on top of my motor shaft, after I removed the factory head. It makes for a nice compact set up. Greatest thing since man canned beer. :howdy:

Are Youtube vids allowed here? I will post this thing in operation if so. 

20190926_114409.jpg

20191007_113241.jpg

im going to assume that tiny remote pwm costs an arm and a leg?