Fishin Technician

WHAT DO YOU DO WITH OLD FLY FISHING BOOKS ?

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

We all have them and have re-read them enough times so the printed matter converted to brain matter . I really hate to use them as kindling material, since most people today do not read real books in our current time period. ??????

FT

I have posted them on fishing website for free and payed to ship them to people that would like to expand there fishing knowledge. Request that they do the same kind of a way to pay it forward. Shipping media mail is much cheaper at post office than standard parcels.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Donate them to my clubs library (I'm the librarian). We're always looking to add books.

Can work trades as well

Edited by Sudsy

When we left CT, I had a ton of fishing books, fly and conventional, fiction and practical, that I did not want to move. After considering all the above, I decided to give them to the local fishing shop for free. Given the profit pressures on the LFS, I asked them to sell them at a third of MSRP and keep those funds as a pure profit.

Several hundred in books may have only netted them $100 or so, but that was cost-less profit and they garnered goodwill with customers for the discounted books. 

The only books that I am keeping are the prose, fiction, etc.

Fly fishing for bass freshwater, are always keepers and and few original SW FF titles.

FT

I keep them.  For the time being I have plenty of room for them and the older ones I enjoy reading as it brings back memories of when I was a kid just learning about fishing.  My very first fishing book was the Complete Book of Bass Fishing by Grits Gresham.  I also have a pile of old Garcia Fishing Annuals that are great to leaf through.