ged

2019 Hunting

Rate this topic

214 posts in this topic

53 mins ago, CcCstriper89 said:

Picked up my 2018 buck this am from Northeast Taxidermy. Couldn’t be happier. Hoping to bring them more business in the coming months.

A328D0DD-0A23-4C6D-AFA5-4572440D686A.jpeg

That's a nice lookin mount!

2 hours ago, CcCstriper89 said:

Picked up my 2018 buck this am from Northeast Taxidermy. Couldn’t be happier. Hoping to bring them more business in the coming months.

A328D0DD-0A23-4C6D-AFA5-4572440D686A.jpeg

They do great work. Nice deer

11 hours ago, Eagles Dare said:

Looks great.

I'm still waiting on my bear mount. Was originally supposed to be done this month, now it's looking like October. 

Northeast? I had them do a half bear mount for me two seasons ago. It took them about a month longer than they had originally told me. This buck was a couple weeks past their expected date as well; but the quality is worth the wait. 

6 hours ago, CcCstriper89 said:

Northeast? I had them do a half bear mount for me two seasons ago. It took them about a month longer than they had originally told me. This buck was a couple weeks past their expected date as well; but the quality is worth the wait. 

No, a local guy. Does great work. I had another local do my other bear (rug) and a couple of bucks. He's semi retired and will only do deer now. Wants no part of anything else. 

Brought a youth out today. Tough day, turned out great at 6:10pm. The kid shot the top off a young bucks heart. Very short track job. 

3/3 on youth days. My son is eligible starting next season, no pressure

On the way back from WY with this guy. I was in pursuit of an absolute corker of a buck when the group he was in surprised us face to face @ 80 yards on the side of a butte we were sneaking around to get above them.

My buddy had to lay down on the ground and let me rest my bipod on his back so I could make a clean shot as I was heaving too badly for an offhand kneeling shot.

THAT is a good friend for you!

Paid a visit to the spotted horse on the way back to camp with him.  They were closed but we were with a local celeb ;^)

Punched both my lope doe tags too!

20191005_181026.jpg

20191005_181038.jpg

IMG_7837.jpg

I went this AM.  Stood in a swamp for a couple hours. No decoys or anything.  

Lots of ducks flying early, then it shut off.  Mostly within the first 20 minutes of shooting time.  I scratched down one hen mallard.  They were flying crazy fast with the 40MPH wind, and oh, yeah, also I suck.  Had fun though.