mattyice902

Haddock Fishing Boston

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I just hope they don't go taking / reducing haddock regs for this year. Seems like every year they come up with the craziest data then make aggressive, silly and sometimes childish changes (like the extortion game a year or two ago taking the 1 cod away from MA or else they will penalize the haddock creel limits).

My wife will not eat store-bought fish and we have not had haddock for a while. Can't wait to go. Almost finished building a new rod just for haddock / ground fishing. 

Edited by NHAngler

Posted (edited) · Report post

13 hours ago, NHAngler said:

I just hope they don't go taking / reducing haddock regs for this year. Seems like every year they come up with the craziest data then make aggressive, silly and sometimes childish changes (like the extortion game a year or two ago taking the 1 cod away from MA or else they will penalize the haddock creel limits).

My wife will not eat store-bought fish and we have not had haddock for a while. Can't wait to go. Almost finished building a new rod just for haddock / ground fishing. 

I'm hearing from a connected source that there's a good shot that the recreational haddock bag limits will go up this to 15 fish/per person (up from 13/pp); the current 17" minimum would be maintained.  The word is that they will also eliminate the fall closure of haddock that was in place last year.  There is also some hope of a two month cod season; one cod/pp limit that would be allowed from Sept 1 through Oct 31 with a 21" minimum.  We shall see.... 

Edited by Northshore Bob

I love haddock as much as the next guy, but when we're out I'll trade 'em to my buddies for every couple decent sized redfish they haul up. Pan fried in a little butter and some herbs, no better eating fish out there.

11 hours ago, ToddyRocks said:

I love haddock as much as the next guy, but when we're out I'll trade 'em to my buddies for every couple decent sized redfish they haul up. Pan fried in a little butter and some herbs, no better eating fish out there.

Agreed. Love redfish. Never got them from my boat though. 

I just launched The Contender (Little Sister) and was planning to start fishing for haddock on Tuesday but the forecast is already "bleak at best". She is docked at Marina Bay for the next month and there is some very interesting looking flounder areas there that are well protected from the west and northwest winds predicted so perhaps my first haddock trip of the year will turn into the first flounder trip of the year? I will try to push my haddock trip to Thursday....JC

launch041219.jpeg

36 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

Jason with two motors how long does it take to reach the grounds, if the weather is good?

1/2 hour to the haddock!