Small anchor cleat solution?

Yesterday I fished a decent flowing river that kept moving my anchor trolley  from either front or rear position where I wanted it to the side. It was like it was doing it just to fight me. I do not have a cleat or anchor lock to lock the line so need to address that next.

I really don't like the idea of the standard zig zag cleat because it just seems to have all those hard edges that I don't want it right where I enter/exit the boat. My boat design (Pelican Catch 100) is built such that the side of the kayak is impossible to see because the top has an edge so most anchor trolley work is done by feel. I could get good with a zig zag cleat if I had to but am hoping there is something better if I ask around. I like the idea of an anchor lock but again in my boat it would be down on the side where I couldn't see it and I'd prefer to be able to see it.

Any other options or products to consider? Any low profile cleats?

No he wanted to at the front or rear but kept going to the side. What ever ypu pick it has to be anle to release the anchor line in a hurry if something like debris or trash bag catches on your anchor line, kayak goes under really quick. Do you have the anchor line to the very front and rear of yak?....jack

Just wanna fish!
DMS#1157    NCBBA#11293     NJBBA#4597

Yellow Eyed Devil from the beginning!

Wasabi;

Curious .... How close to the front and rear are your pulleys mounted?

Sounds like they're not mounted close enough to the ends to keep you naturally pointed into the current  . ..

To have the current turn you sideways suggests to me your  anchor line is closer to the pivot point than the ends...

37 mins ago, BillZ said:

Wasabi;

Curious .... How close to the front and rear are your pulleys mounted?

Sounds like they're not mounted close enough to the ends to keep you naturally pointed into the current  . ..

To have the current turn you sideways suggests to me your  anchor line is closer to the pivot point than the ends...

About 10 to 12” from each end. Yesterday the current was pulling pretty good so there was some swinging, and it seemed to occur when the swinging increased the angle of the direction of pull. A zig zag cleat seems like the ticket. I think I have found a suitable location. As much as I don’t want to mount one it’s better than dealing with the unsafe  situation when it starts to slide and create a sideways pull. 

Yes, I have one of those on my kayak already. It keeps the length of my anchor line secure but since my trolley goes both ways I didn't see how I could use it for trolley control. I think my mini zip zag cleat arrived in the mail today so I am just going with that. 2 more holes but oh well...