mtl50

When does it go from fun to obsession?

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mtl50 said:

I live 10 minutes from Quonnie breach way, watch hill, and east beach. I fish at least 5 nights a week. And days. And not to forget the boat gear. And if I had a dollar for every time I tied on a black bomber or a smokey Joe redfin I could afford all of this stuff. Lol.

I need to crash on your couch.

5 hours ago, blackdogfish said:

I try to ALWAYS be bright-eyed in the morning, or after a long weekend.  My theory is if I don't seem to show any negative effects, or can even contribute more than usual, I'm gonna face a lot less opposition in the future.  You super-tired in the AM after three hours of sleep?  Make the kids lunch and clean up the dishes and compliment her on her...."the thing you're wearing over the other ...thing.."

Wise man, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve brought the kids to swim or dance and I still am moving with the waves that aren’t there anymore. If you show the wife you are hurting it is sooo much worse. 

You just need a plug wall in the garage & 20 plus Planos and a couple more plastic tubs, this is what garages and attics are for. Get organized and hide your obsession, be a closet plug hoarder, be the only one allowed a PO Box key or if you get mail at your house, get a separate PO Box. Obsession to me is when your boss is threatening to fire you in his office because you keep missing work and when you do show up it appears you have been on an all night bender and stink of fish and while he is having this stern talk you have your smart phone out just under his sight below the front of his desk and you are either checking conditions or biding on a plug lot here on SOL while noding and repeating uhu, your right, uhu. 

It's an obsession when you stop following the rules. Rule 1. Never display as much stuff as to be considered a stash. That's just asking for trouble.

Breaking the rules leads to Questions of the Obsessed Fisherman.

Question 1. Did you already know your next wife? 

Had the ex call in to the job told her to say she was in the hospital bleeding so I could bail and make the canyon trip. 

That's resonable no?

20160408_202301-1.jpg

On 4/3/2019 at 6:01 PM, mtl50 said:

My wife wants the house back! Lol. Seriously, it has turned into an obsession/addiction even though I do use most of them. 

20190401_215313.jpg

20190401_215304.jpg

20190401_215256.jpg

You have plenty of room.......

I sometimes can't find my chair.....strike that.....Sometimes I can't get to my light switch....

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

You have plenty of room.......

I sometimes can't find my chair.....strike that.....Sometimes I can't get to my light switch....

Cant imagine why anyone would have a problem with that.

When you have to review your tackle supply on a wall of pegboard at scheduled intervals for restocking.

When your entire schedule is created around the you will go fishing next. 

When you begin having your items shipped to a prime shipping center to avoid your wife noticing the daily packages of tackle. 

When your dog wakes up on Saturday at 4am ready to go you know where. 

When your dog's name is striper.

When your wife asks you if you can move one of your boats over so she can also park in the driveway.