mtl50

When does it go from fun to obsession?

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

After wrapping up last season 185 nights of fishing from sunset to sun up most nights , them fishing lures keep ya nice and warm sleeping alone all winter ! Then and only then you are truly obsessed 

The only thing I fault you on is the lack of an appropriate storage solution.:)

Get a cabinet or shelf to store your stuff in and let the obsession continue. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Every time I go out Bass fishing I feel free and like a little kid. I  sometimes can get moody but I take the good with the bad.  That’s the brand. 

The moment that ends I will sell everything and get out. 

Edited by The Riddler

6 mins ago, shark lobster said:

And your paying this lady ? Id tell her hey i dont need this kind of negativity.

We don't see her anymore.  She also told me I need to yell at my kids more.  Ha.

In all honesty, fishing and the family are the only things I think about.  It's definitely an obsession.  First, I have noticed my mood changes when season is over.  Second, if I have a bad day casting (fly casting practice on the lawn) I can be irritable when I get home.  I'm always in a good mood after fishing even if I get skunked.

So are we talking a fishing or plug/gear obsession? I think most guys have a plug obsession and they dont realize it as they only fish on the weekends and the piles of plugs never see a bag. 

Sure, I know obsessed hardcore fisherman with a ****load of gear that too. 

The most obsessed guy I know uses $10 Redfins 

But, is this obsession a bad thing???  Not at all. There are many thing that are worse..I can deal with a fishing obsession... I would get rid of my wife before I get rid of my fishing equipment....

Had it bad at one time. Had to be in the office at 9am so I was at the boat at first light in the fall. Ran about a mile to a bridge and tied up for tog. Loaded the cooler and back to the dock so I could change clothes. Then ran to the office. Left at lunch and ran back to the dock and changed so I could clean all the tog then change again and back to teh office where I would dream about the next morning.  

Have a fishing obsession is a good thing! I'm no doctor but I play one at work and at home. LOL:box: :waah:There are many obsessions that are worse. My wife can deal with my fishing obsession as I deal with her socks obsession.

21 hours ago, jsbergen said:

So are we talking a fishing or plug/gear obsession? I think most guys have a plug obsession and they dont realize it as they only fish on the weekends and the piles of plugs never see a bag. 

Sure, I know obsessed hardcore fisherman with a ****load of gear that too. 

The most obsessed guy I know uses $10 Redfins 

I live 10 minutes from Quonnie breach way, watch hill, and east beach. I fish at least 5 nights a week. And days. And not to forget the boat gear. And if I had a dollar for every time I tied on a black bomber or a smokey Joe redfin I could afford all of this stuff. Lol.

On 4/3/2019 at 6:01 PM, mtl50 said:

My wife wants the house back! Lol. Seriously, it has turned into an obsession/addiction even though I do use most of them. 

20190401_215313.jpg

20190401_215304.jpg

20190401_215256.jpg

I'll take the bunker in the middle if you split.

17 hours ago, DoorGunner said:

Had it bad at one time. Had to be in the office at 9am so I was at the boat at first light in the fall. Ran about a mile to a bridge and tied up for tog. Loaded the cooler and back to the dock so I could change clothes. Then ran to the office. Left at lunch and ran back to the dock and changed so I could clean all the tog then change again and back to teh office where I would dream about the next morning.  

This reminds me of the scene in Goodfellas where Ray Liota is narrating how he would slice the garlic and start the tomato "gravy", get the babysitter, cut the dope, take the babysitter with the dope......and he's seeing black helicopters outside....

This is pretty much the problem stage.

Seriously, guys HAVE lost their marriages and stuff.  Not so much for having plugs on the couch, but being out until 4 AM five nights a week and too exhausted to participate in family life........so, if someone is telling you there's a problem...you may want to consider that there might be a problem.

I try to ALWAYS be bright-eyed in the morning, or after a long weekend.  My theory is if I don't seem to show any negative effects, or can even contribute more than usual, I'm gonna face a lot less opposition in the future.  You super-tired in the AM after three hours of sleep?  Make the kids lunch and clean up the dishes and compliment her on her...."the thing you're wearing over the other ...thing.."